Friday, July 24, 2009

WHAT'S A LITTLE DESSERT BETWEEN FRIENDS



There is another challenge on StampTV that I really wanted to try. This challenge is hosted by my friend Brenda. She is another very talented stamper who was selected to be on Gina's Center Stage Spotlight Designer Team this month. Her challenge is to make a card/project about food.

I used Rupa Shevde's "100% Sweet" stamp set that is available from Gina K Designs. I stamped the design on white card stock then colored with Copics. I wanted the glass to look frosted so used a plaid maker stencil and a VersaMark Marker to create diagonal lines on the glass. I then used Iridescent Ice embossing powder to create the frosted look. On the hot fudge topping, I used 3D Crystal Lacquer that I purchased from GinaK Designs. I cut the design out. The designer paper on this card is from SU. The top portion of the background is white card stock that was embossed with a Quickutz Diamonds and Dots embossing folder.

The frames were cut out with Petite Nestabilities. Each layer is on dimensionals. The card stock is Bordering Blue and white. The border was cut with a Martha Stewart punch. A piece of brown polka dot ribbon from Michaels was added to complete the card.

Be sure to check out this challenge on StampTV. You have until next Friday to submit your entry.

10 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is a very cool card! I love the colors, and the layout! Another great one Selma!

Brenda said...

Wonderful card Selma!! I love the color combo you used. Thank you for playing.

craftieodmae said...

another gorgeous card Selma, makes me want ice cream LOL

Mary Director said...

Now I want ice cream!!! Great card.

redwasher1 said...

Hi another gorgeous card I love it. I have Circle friends award for you over at my blog. :)

CraftieConnie said...

Your card is fabulous, and delicious looking!

Dianna said...

Selma,

Got back from camping today, so I am trying to go through the 200 e-mails I have, but had to check out your Blog right away to see what you have been up to, and guess what, such a "sweet" card. I never have thought about doing a card with food, but this card is just a cute example of what you can do. Great job.

Dianna

Sharri said...

Hi Selma! I love this! I really do need to get this set.
I nominated you for a blog award. Check it out here -http://istamp4u.blogspot.com/2009/07/my-2nd-blog-award.html

AKiteFlier said...

I got me one of them new fangled signatures but how do I add it to a post? Is it just an image like any other?

AKiteFlier said...

DUh - I tried it and I guess it is like any other image :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails