Friday, July 10, 2009

Enjoy Life



Have you tried using Flower Soft yet? It is such a fun product to work with.

I wanted to make a card using Flower Soft and thought this grassy stamp from Penny Black would be fun to work with. The name of this stamp set is "Enjoy Life". Isn't this grass stamp beautiful! I purchased it from Joan's Gardens.

The image was stamped with Amber Clay Colorbox chalk ink, on Vanilla card stock, then cut out with the largest Label 4 Nestabilities. Before taking the die off, I sponged So Saffron and More Mustard inks around the edge blending the colors. I then added some white Flower Soft to the grass heads. Don't you think the grass heads would be really pretty in shades of browns and oranges? I need to get busy and get my order in for some of the beautiful Fall colors. I just noticed Joan sent out an email stating she has some of these colors in stock now. To finish off the main image, I added some brads.

The background is a combination of two pieces of paper from the Basic Grey "Sugared" paper pad. The trim is something I had in my "stash" and thought since it was "fringy" it would go will with the design. The main image was attached with dimensional tape.

I stamped the verse from this same set of stamps then also cut it out with the Labels 4 Nestabilities. Prior to taking it out of the die, I stamped part of the grass over the words and again sponged on some So Saffron ink around the edges. I had to stamp the grass on while it was still in the die in order to keep my border from having ink on it. When you do this, it gives you a nice border that creates an illusion of layering.

I think this would make a nice masculine card, don't you?


5 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Selma this is sooo pretty! I have used flower soft and love it! But this white is something I never would of thought of........TFS

Mary Director said...

Very beautiful and elegant.

A Consuming Passion said...

How effective is this - still haven't tried flower soft - maybe the times right!
Sue

redwasher1 said...

Hi Selma, I love your card and I have tried the flower soft once and I do like it. I need more colors right now. I only have one. I'm always inspired by you. Thanks for sharing. Geri

Dianna said...

Selma,

This is a very nice stamp set, and could stand on its own very nicely, BUT the flower soft, just makes it really POP. I hate using that phrase, but the flower soft makes it seem real. Am I making sense. I don't have any flower soft yet, but do intend to add it to my supplies when I am able. Wonderful job Selma.

Dianna

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails