Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I Miss You



We are back from our trip to Canada. It was so much fun to spend time with family and get and out and do lots of fun things. I have been through a few of my emails and notice I received three blog awards while I was gone. I will acknowledge and forward these on this afternoon. How sweet of everyone that sent one to me.

I checked out the challenges on StampTV this morning and saw that Jen Marie, another one of the June Spotlight Guest Designers, has posted a color challenge. The colors are pink and green. This is one of my favorite color combinations so decided to participate.

I used Nina Brackett's cute set called "Bug Me Anytime". This set is available from Gina K Designs. There are four flower choices in this set. I thought this one matches some designer paper I have from SU called "Raspberry Tart". I colored the flowers with SU Melon Mambo and Kiwi Kiss for the leaves and stems.

I stamped the stems (and flowers) on white card stock and some grass from Asela's set called "The Journey". I then cut the design out with Petite Oval Nestabilities and ran it through the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder. The scalloped oval is Kiwi Kiss card stock. I did stamp the flowers on the white oval but they were partially cut off when I used the nestabilities. I stamped three more flowers, colored them with Cameo Coral and Mellon Mambo inks, cut them out and used pop dots to give them dimension. The leaves were stamped and also cut out and put on pop dots. I used one of the SU hardware pieces for the "I Miss You" greeting.

Isn't this a cute flower from the "Bug Me Anytime" set! This set also has lots of cute bugs.

Hope you like my pink and green creation.



7 comments:

AKiteFlier said...

Super cute Selma - you know - I think embossing is becoming your trademark! You know how Theresa always using sponging and you can spot her cards in a crowd? Well yours are the same way with embossing - you do it SO well and it adds a lot of dimension. Sometimes I just don't want to cut out those detailed images *grin*.

Glad to have you home so we can see what you are up to again.

Brenda said...

Fabulous card! Glad your back and showing us all your wonderful creations.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Very pretty Selma!

Sharri said...

Selma, This is gorgeous! I just love you use the embossing folders with your cards!

redwasher1 said...

I guess I put that comment in the wrong place LOL.

CraftieConnie said...

So so pretty Selma! Just love your cards!

Joan Fricker said...

Selma, this is adorable! I agree, you are the embossing queen. Great job.

Joan

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails