Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Final Guest Designer Posting for "ARRANGED WITH LOVE"



Wow, this month has gone by really fast. This is my last posting as Melanie Muenchinger's Guest Designer for her stamp set "Arranged With Love". It has been so much fun to work with her. As you all know, I love creating cards with flowers and Arranged with Love and A Year of Flowers has endless possibilities. It has been a great honor to design for Melanie using two of my favorite stamp sets. THANK YOU Melanie for giving me this opportunity.

Can you tell that today's card is layered under Acetate? This card is 5 1/2 inches square. I first cut a piece of acetate 5 1/2 inches by 11 inches and folded it in half. You need to use a bone folder to get a good crease.

The floral image was embossed with Detail White Embossing Powder. I purchased it from Gina K Designs. I used VersaMark ink to stamp on Vellum card stock. I love working with Detail embossing powder because it gives you such clear lines. The butterfly was also embossed the same way then cut out.

To color the image, I used markers to color on the back of the design. For the roses, I used Pretty in Pink then highlighted with Positively Pink then went back with the Pretty In Pink marker to blend the colors. When you are working on vellum, it takes a little while for the ink to dry so it gives you plenty of time to do this. I used Lavender Lace and Lovely Lilac for the purple flowers and Barely Banana and Summer Sun on the lillies, which are hard to see because they are below the butterfly. The butterfly is from Gina K's "Take Flight" stamp set. I used Certainly Celery and a little Old Olive for the leaves. On the butterfly I used a retired color, Mauve Mist. For the background I used Barely Banana leaving the tag white. It is a little hard to see the verse in the photo, but it shows up ok on the card.

The card inside the acetate is White card stock. The backside of the card is attached to the acetate with a couple of pieces of ScoreTape. Since the design was stamped on Vellum card stock, I ran a piece of white card stock through my Xyron machine to get an even coating of adhesive. I then laid the back of the vellum down on the adhesive starting in the middle and rubbing out to the edges. This gave the design more stability. The other reason I did this was because I wanted the design mounted on white rather than the pink from the designer paper. This piece was then attached to a piece of pink designer paper from the BitterSweet Basic Grey Paper Pad. On the top of the acetate, I used a SU rub-on for the vine on the left side. Pearls were added on top of the acetate on the rub-on and over the corners of the stamped design and on one corner of the tag. The butterfly adds dimension on top of the acetate. It is mounted with dimensional tape.

I really like the softness of this card. The acetate seems to give it some additional elegance.

Melanie is featuring a card on her blog today that I had so much fun making. It is a pop-up card. Several of the roses actually pop up when you open the card. I used all three coordinating sets for that card: Arranged With Love, A Year of Flowers, and Say It With Flowers.

I hope you have enjoyed all the different ideas we have featured using this set. I would love for you to come back to my blog and let me know which idea you liked the most. Just leave a comment at the bottom of this post. I will be anxious to read your replies.

Thanks for visiting. Have a great day.



13 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Wow Selma, this is beautiful! I would love to sit by you for a week and watch you create. You are amazing!

I love that pop up card too. It is truly stunning!

Joan

craftieodmae said...

This is awesome as is all your cards.....there is no way topick a favorite. I love them all!

Anonymous said...

OMG, how could anyone pick just one. Your vision and talent are extrodinary!

Beverly Bishop

Cat Tidwell said...

Gorgeous Selma! I love those flowers embossed in white like that on the vellum!

Jennie said...

Oh, dear, I may have commented on the wrong card...if so please delete. (I have two windows open at the same time :o)...trying to comment on two blogs, LOL!)

Selma, I love this card and the way you did the vellum. The butterfly is GORGEOUS and pops right off! This is definitely one of my favorites. You have done a beautiful job as Guest Designer for Melanie this month :o)

Judy Covey said...

Selma, this card is "over the top" FABULOUS! I now think that I NEED that stamp.

A Consuming Passion said...

This would be one of my favourites of your cards Selma - it really is beautiful! So soft and femanine, the work in creating it was well spent.

AKiteFlier said...

THUD- now that I have picked myself up off the floor - oh I'm so dusty - I am in awe of your creative talents Selma - I just love reading your blog - your dream will come true - I have NO DOUBT at all! It's just a case of for which company and when. Enjoyed it all - you showcased for Mel wonderfully.

redwasher1 said...

Selma You did a wonderful job on them all I could never pick just one. But I really love this one!!!! Hope you are having a great time with your family! Geri

Deb said...

As with the others, it is too hard to choose a favorite. All of your work is amazing - however, this card really is extra special. I really love the white embossing and the delicate coloring. I've really enjoyed your work here and at Melanie's.

Debh

Mary Director said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS. I'm going to have to try the embossing on acetate. I love the butterfly.

Dianna said...

Selma,

Boy, since I have been gone, I have come back to some very beautiful and creative cards by you. This card is just stunning. I love the butterfly, and I love everything about this card. Again, gorgeous card.

Dianna

Unknown said...

What a stunning card, Selma! It is so soft and pretty and yet vibrant! You were an awesome guest designer for Melanie!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails