Monday, July 13, 2009

Watercolor Daisy



Hope you had a nice weekend. I did. I have spent the last two days doing things with my daughter. We went to a really fun outdoor arts and craft show. Found lots of things we just couldn't live without. We were up in mountain country and after having lunch, asked where we could pick huckleberries. My daughter loves bears, and I think was hoping to see a live one (not up close but in the distance!!!) We were given directions and had a blast looking for and picking a box full. We love to put them in pancakes/waffles, muffins and of course make huckleberry pies. (By the way, we did not see any bears!)

When I got home today, I had a package with some new stamps. I just couldn't wait to make a card with this Penny Black stamp called "Blush". Isn't it a beautiful flower! This is a wood mounted stamp and you can purchase it from "Joan's Gardens".

To color this design, I used Perfect Plum, and Pale Plum markers. I used the lighter color first all over the flower petals then went back with Perfect Plum (the darker plum). I used Mellow Moss on the stem and So Saffron and More Mustard on the center of the flower. After I had all the rubber colored, I spritzed it with a fine mister to blend the colors and stamped it on Glossy card stock. I used long rectangle nesties to cut the frames. I used a piercing tool to punch holes in the scallops. Before taking the design out of the Nestie, I sponged on some yellows and greens, to pick up some of the colors in the background paper, to frame it.

The Salutation is from SU (Oval All) and cut out with petite oval Nesties. The flourish below this is a Cuttlebug die. I have had many questions about whether this is a new die. I purchased it when I first purchased my Cuttlebug (when they first came out). I purchased my Cuttlebug at Michael's. The border and the butterfly were cut out with Martha Stewart punches. I love to add pearls to my cards and did it again. I purchase my pearls from Joan's Gardens. There are 50 on a card for $1.95. She carries a large selection of colors.

The background paper is from the "Lemonade" Paper Pad by Basic Grey. Joan's Gardens also carries a nice selection of Basic Grey Pads. These pads have so many beautiful papers. I used the Cuttlebug Dotted Swiss embossing folder on the white background. All the elements were attached in layers with dimensionals.



4 comments:

dianna said...

Selma,

Well, it sounds like you and your daughter had a wonderful time together, plus you got lots of huckleberries, and didn't have to come face to face with a bear.

The flower stamp you used from the new set you got is so pretty. It reminds me of the water color garden stamps that SU carried for a while. It is so gorgeous when you ink up the stamp and then spritz it. I gives it such a muted effect. Very subtle and soft. Great job once again Selma.

Dianna

Deborah said...

It really does sound like you had a good time picking berries. Reminds me of when I used to go with my grandmother!

Your card is beautiful. Thank you too for explaining how you colored it. It's so helpful for those of us who are just beginning and wanting to learn. Great job Selma.

Deborah

Judy Covey said...

I absolutely love this card Selma. All of the different elements work so well together and it's so bright and cheerful.

Joan Fricker said...

Selma, making memories with our familes is most important and I am glad you had the chance to do so.

You have done an fantastic job with your beautiful card. I love everything about it. Thanks for the details too on how you did it!!

Joan

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails