Friday, July 24, 2009

A Dainty Birthday Card



Today I needed a birthday card and wanted it to be "dainty". I decided to use a Penny Black stamp called "Aspire". I received this stamp from Joan Fricker at Joan's Gardens. It has very dainty looking flowers on it and thought it might look good with Flower Soft added to give it some dimension. I used a Lavender Lace, Pretty In Pink and Certainly Celery marker to color directly on the rubber. I gave it a light mist of water then stamped it on white card stock. Classic Rectangle Nestabilities was used to cut the scalloped frame. I embossed it using the Nestabilities Tan embossing pad. I then used a large sponge dauber and Bashful Blue ink to sponge around the edges before taking it out of the die so it would leave the white frame. This makes it look double matted. I used a piercing tool to punch holes around in each scallop. After completing all this, I added the soft lavender and pink Flower Soft to the flowers. I love the dimension this gives to the card. Don't you think the purple flowers look like the flowers on a Butterfly Bush? I do, so I decided to punch 3 small butterflies with a Martha Stewart punch and add them to the design.

The background is Pale Plum card stock. I used the Cuttlebug Argyle embossing folder on the top portion of the card stock then used my Scor-Pal to to emboss three lines across the bottom. Gina K did a tutorial this week on StampTV on how to do this. On the bottom I used a Nestabilities tag. I embossed it and sponged on Perfect Plum ink with a sponge dauber before removing it from the die. The bottom of the pink flowers was punched with a small flower punch and I added a Heidi Swapp pink flower jewel to the center. The green leaves below the flowers are from a Fiskars border punch.

To complete the card I added some Kaiser Lavender Pearls. These were also purchased from Joan's Gardens.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

6 comments:

Pam P said...

Oh my gosh Selma, I just found your blog and your work is beautiful, I am now a follower and looking forward to any new entries. Thanks for sharing your incredible work with us.

Brenda said...

Pretty!

Joan Fricker said...

Selma,
This card is absolutely gorgeous. I just love all the details you did to create this card. The flower soft is such a nice addition. Wow it is just stunning!

CraftieConnie said...

Fabulous Card, Selma! Your work is so inspiring!

Dianna said...

Selma,

Oh my gosh, what a soft and delicate card. I love the wispy flower stems and using the flower soft just makes this card so sweet. Another wonderful FLOWER card.

Dianna

Unknown said...

I LOVE this card, Selma!!!! What fun with the flower soft - it's so pretty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails