Thursday, July 30, 2009

Vintage Friend



Yesterday I made a card with lots of sponging, which I don't normally do. Today, I did something totally different. I was asked to make some vintage cards so thought I would give it a try. I will need you to let me know if it falls in that category because I have never made this type of card.

I started with some stamps from "Crafty Secrets" Clear Art Stamps. The little girl stamp is from a set called "Garden Girls". The birds are also from Crafty Secrets, but there is not a name on the package. It mostly has birds in the set. You can purchase these stamps from Joan Fricker at "Joan's Gardens". I embossed the designs using detail black embossing powder and colored with Copic markers. Some chalk was used for the sky and grass. After coloring the design, I cut it out with the Labels Four Nestabilities and cut a Pixie Pink lower frame. Each layer is on dimensionals. The flower is from Prima's Daisy Doodles jar. There are 3 layers with an antique button attached in the center with a glue dot. Another antique button was added to the right lower corner.

The background paper is a piece of SU Certainly Celery Designer paper. The card stock is Pixie Pink. I used a Martha Stewart border punch along the bottom edge of the green piece. I found a scrap piece of lacey ribbon to add across the center. I ended up adding lots of flat backed pearls to complete the card.

I was a little worried about making this type of card, but think I like it now that it is finished. Does it look vintage?


4 comments:

Dianna said...

Selma,

Very cute card, and it wasn't even a flower stamp.

Beautiful job.

Dianna

Stacey said...

Very nicely done! I would be so happy to get this card - it deserves to be framed and put up on the wall. Thanks for ths inspirational blog.

Stacey

craftieodmae said...

Well I'd say it's 100%! It's so gorgeous!

Joan Fricker said...

Selma,a very nice vintage card. You sell yourself short because you did a great job

Joan

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails