Wednesday, July 8, 2009

ARRANGED WITH LOVE "STAND UP" CARD

Wow am I having fun with Melanie's new stamp set "Arranged with Love". There are so many different things you can do with this set. It has been exciting being Melanie's Guest Designer this month. Just when I think I have come up with all the ways I can use this set, something else pops into my head. It makes it so easy to "rearrange" the flowers if you have "A Year of Flowers" and "Say It With Flowers" to go along with this beautiful new stamp. I say this because I did change the arrangement on this card. Below I have made a "Stand up" card and I am showing three views . . . the first view is with the card closed, the second view shows how it looks when standing up, and the third view is spread out so you can see the sides.








I came up with this design after reading about a challenge on SCS by Lynn in St. Louis. When I saw this stand up card, I knew it would look beautiful completed with "Arranged with Love".

The base of this card is Pretty In Pink card stock. To create the card base, you start with a piece of 12" x 5.5" card stock. Measure in on long side and score in 4 inches from each end. Measure down 3" from the top on outside edge and cut up to the fold. Do this on both ends. Then score again, 2 inches from each end. You will have score lines at 2", 4", 8" and 10". When you look at the third picture above, you can see where the score lines are.

I stamped "Arranged with Love" in black then used colored pencils and OMS to color. On the stamp, there were Lillies in the upper left corner but I wanted my card to be all pink and lavender so stamped some tulips from "Flowers for a Year" and layered them over the lillies for a different flower arrangement. I also stamped two extra purple flowers and 3 roses. I used dimensional tape to layer the roses over the existing roses. The two additional purple flowers and leaves were added on the "wings" of the card. The designer paper used on the sides of the card is some retired SU designer paper. Some Martha Stewart butterflies, a small pink ribbon and a few pearls were added to complete the card.

Today, Melanie is featuring another one of my cards. Be sure to visit her blog here to see how I used this stamp to make a Shadow Box card using this set. I believe this shadow box card is my favorite so far. Please come back and leave a comment and let me know what you think.

Melanie's "Arranged With Love" and "A Year of Flowers" are so fun to work with. You can purchase these sets from Gina K Designs here

12 comments:

Kerrie said...

Selma, your cards are so pretty, you are very clever at design, and colour.

Melanie said...

oh my goodness, I just fell out of my chair!! love the tulips standing in!! Amazing!!

Brenda said...

Fabulous card!! Selma you were meant for Melanie's flower stamps, you rock them every time. Thank you for sharing your lovely cards.

Dianna said...

Selma, this card is so pretty. I have never made a stand up card, so thanks for the instructions, although I won't ever be able to make one near as beautiful as yours. I checked Melanies Blog and viewed your Shadow Box card, and all I can say is WOW. What a gorgeous card, and again thanks for the instructions.

Dianna

lisa808 said...

I discovered your blog through Melanie. Your cards are breathtaking! I have scrolled through your postings and I can't even describe how beautiful your work is.

Nancy Jensen said...

Selma, this card knocked me off my feet! I also saw the one on Melanie's blog and I gasped in amazement! These last two projects are my favorites so far... and everything you do is amazing. I can't wait to see what you come up with next! Also, you did a great job with the tulips over the lilies... awesome!

Nancy Jensen said...

Also... thank you so much for the instructions for both the stand up card and the shadow box! I can't wait to try these out!

Judy Covey said...

Absolutely beautiful Selma. I just recently saw the instructions for the stand-up card on someone's blog (maybe it was yours?) and decided that I needed to try one myself. The stamp sets you chose are perfect for it and your coloring job is perfect.

craftieodmae said...

Another over the moon card! It's gorgeous. You make them sound so easy.

Donna Baker said...

this is beautiful! I also love the shadow box card on Melanie's card, you're showcasing her new set just wonderfully!

slbt17 said...

very pretty - thanks for the instructions!
Sandra

Cat Tidwell said...

This is so stunning Selma! The one on Mel's blog and this one really knocks my socks off!! Well, if I was wearing any they would, lol!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails