Saturday, July 18, 2009

Basket of Apples



I did not have time to stamp today but thought I would post another one of the cards I made for an order.

My son and his family are arriving in the morning and will be here until Aug 1st.We are very excited to see our other three grandchildren. They seem to grow up so fast! I am sure I will be missing some days of posting on my blog during this time. I will be Melanie's Guest Designer until the end of the month and do have my cards ready for those posts on Thursday. Be sure to check back for some more ideas using her new stamp set "Arranged With Love".

The above card is made with a retired SU stamp called "Feathered Hope". It is a very quick and simple card. This reminds me of all the fruit up at Green Bluff, which is a farming area not far from where I live. This area is full of apple, cherry, apricot, and pear trees. In fact they grow all kinds of fruits and vegetables. It is such a fun place to go for lots of summer and fall fun. We picked lots of strawberries up there a couple of weeks ago. In the fall there are thousands of pumpkins. I am sure you probably have an area similar to this close to you.

This basket of apples was colored with colored pencils and OMS. The designer paper is also retired from SU. The cardstock is Real Red. The bottom is embossed with the Cuttlebug embossing folder called Argyle. The frames were cut out with Nestabilities and a Martha Stewart Punch was used for the border.

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you are having a fun summer.


7 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

Very pretty image Selma.
Sounds as though you're in for a very exciting time with family to stay - hope the weather is good to you and you get to do lots of fun things!!!

Dianna said...

Selma,

Very cute card. I love the apples and the birds. For some reason this card reminds me of Spring, not really apple season, so I don't know why I am thinking Spring. Anyway, the card is very cute, and as usual the color scheme is beautiful. Did you make your apricot jam yet?

Dianna

craftieodmae said...

You enjoy your family time, we'll be here waiting when you return. I love this card, this is one of my favortie stamp sets from stamping up.

CraftieConnie said...

Selma, I cannot stop from admiring your cards, they are just so beautiful!

CraftieConnie said...

Opps, I also wanted to wish you and your family a wonderful time together!

AKiteFlier said...

Great card Selma - have a fantastic visit and be sure to take lots of photos of your family!

Joan Fricker said...

Selma, this is such a cute card. I love the colors and everything about it. Great job!!!!

Joan

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails