Friday, November 29, 2019

Purple Pom Pom Dahlia and Columbine



I hope you are enjoying your holiday weekend.  Today I have another card using Susan's Garden Club Pom Pom Dahlia, Columbine, and Japanese Painted Fern die sets.

This is a 6x6-inch card.  For the front panel, I used a piece of the card stock from the  Tonic Studios Dream In Color 6x6 Card pad.  For the die cut design in the upper right corner, I used a corner  die that was in the Tonic Craft Kit #21.  It is fun to sign up for the Tonic Craft Kits and receive exclusive dies/stamps plus beautiful card stock and many Nuvo products.  You can check out the next kit by clicking on the link below.

Around the edges of the striped  card stock, use the Tonic paper trimmer and score 1/8" around all four corners for a finished edge.



Use the Garden Club Pom Pom Dahlia die set and die cut petals using white card stock.  Use two shades of purple markers to color the petals from the base out toward the tips, leaving the ends white.  For the smaller petals, color the entire petal purple.  Be sure to color the back of the petals as they will show once they are shaped.  I know Susan says not to spritz the petals with water, but in order to get the petals to hold a rolled appearance, I had to lightly mist the petals, then used the tweezers from Susan's Tool Kit to roll each petal in. I used the Nuvo Light Mist Spray Bottle which just lightly moistened the petals.   Put the tweezers on one side and roll toward the middle, then roll the other side of the petal to the center.  With the tweezers holding the petal in a rolled position, pinch the base of the petal with your fingers to help keep the roll in the petal.  Continue around rolling each petal. Allow the petals to dry completly before assembling the flower. When you glue the petals together, alternate petals and push down in the center, which will help the ends stand up. I assembled the flowers on the Glass Mat and pressed down hard in the center of each row of petals with the medium stylus in Susan's Flower Tool Kit.   Add as many rows of petals as you like for the fullnessyou want.   


Here is a closeup view of the finished Pom Pom Dahlia.

Use the Garden Notes Columbine die set and and create 3 purple and white flowers.  Use the Tim Holtz fine pointed scissors to cut each die cut stamen in half.  Apply a small amount of  Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive to the tips of the stamens and dip into Susan's yellow Pollen.  

Use the Garden Club Japanese Painted Fern die set and die cut three ferns.  I like to die cut the ferns using white card stock and sponge on green ink.  Use Magenta PanPastel to color down the stem and veins of the fern.

Use the Garden Club Holly & Berries Die set and die cut one berry branch.  Use Nuvo Crushed Grape Crystal Drops for the Berries.  Allow the berries to dry then cut the branch in half to attach behind the flowers.

Below, I have added links to Tonic Studio's products I use.  If you use these links to purchase products, I will receive a small commission which helps me purchase supplies at no additional cost to you.  I appreciate you visiting my blog and appreciate your support.




4 comments:

Sharman said...

LOVE IT.......

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, as always.
Margrethe

Ann said...

I love your cards ,they are always beautiful flowers.Are you ok ? its a long time for you not to post a card on your blog.

Ann x

nira said...

Usually I never comment on blogs but your article is so convincing that,keep it up.You’re doing a great job Man,I never stop myself to say something about it.สล็อตทุนน้อย

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails