Saturday, November 9, 2019

Purple Flowers & Ladybugs



I love creating purple flowers.  Today I have an arrangement of Susan's Garden Club Echinacea, Spider Mums, Butterfly Bush, and Brunnera and Fern.

This is a 6-inch card.  A piece of gray card stock was used for the background.  I pulled out a brick wall stencil, from my stash, and used the Nuvo Soft Truffle Embellisnment Mousse to create the bricks.  Working on the Tim Holtz Glass Media Mat, I used a Nuvo Media Spatula to take out the Mousse and soften it on the mat, then spread it over the design in the stencil.  The Mousse spreads like butter and is so fun to work with.  Once all the bricks in the stencil were covered, I used the side of the spatula to tap up and down for a textured appearance. Carefully remove the stencil. You need to put the stencil in water immediately so the mousse doesn't dry on it,  and wash the spatula.  I used the Nuvo Spray Bottle to spritz water on the glass mat and wiped up any left over mousse that I couldn't pick up and put back in the jar of mousse.  I let this piece dry while I worked on the flower arrangement.

This card did not take me long to create because I had the pieces die cut out of white card stock and had them all colored and shaped ready to assemble.  When I work with a die set, I usually will die cut enough pieces to complete a lot of flowers, then work in an assemble line to color and shape.  I then store the pieces for each flower in a small box, ready to assemble.

I used the Garden Notes Japanese Painted Fern die set to add foilage behind all the flowers.  I only colored the fern green, leaving off the magenta on the stems.  The flowers on the card include echinacea (coneflower), spider mum, buddleia (butterfly bush), and brunnera.  For the ladybugs, Susan's Stems and Ladybug die set was used.  Right now, Susan's die sets can only be purchased from Create & Craft.  

I have added links to Tonic Studio's products below.  If you use these links to purchase products, I will receive a small commission which helps me purchase supplies -- no additional cost to you.  I appreciate you visiting my blog and appreciate your support.






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails