Monday, November 4, 2019

Orange Echinacea



Echinacea flowers come in many different colors.  Today I chose to create orange flowers using Susan's Garden Club Echinacea die set from Tonic Studios.  I usually like to die cut my flowers out of white card stock and color them, but for these I used orange card stock and lightly shaded the middle (at the base of the petals) with a bright pink ink. Different shades of brown card stock was used for the center of the flowers.  Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive was used to assemble the flowers.

The Garden Club Japanese Painted Fern die set was used to die cut 5 ferns.  Green was sponged on the leaves and Magenta PanPastel was sponged down the veins.  Susan's new PanPastels will be out soon.


For the background I used a piece of white card stock and brushed Burnished Bronze Embellishment Mousse on using the Nuvo Blending Brushes.  About 1/4 of the card stock was colored with Bronze then Nuvo Orange Blush Embellishment Mousse was brushed on the rest of this piece.  The Mousse give such a beautiful pearl sheen to the card stock.  Next I used an old embossing folder from my stash to emboss this piece.  Nuvo Chai Latte Embellishment Mousse was then lightly sponged across the raised embossed design.

For an added embellishment, I used the Tonic Mixed Edge Oval die set to cut a narrow frame.  I am not sure if this die set is still available.  Using my finger, I rubbed Nuvo Burnished Bronze Embellishment Mouse over the die cut oval to color it.  


The Burnished Bronze Oval was attached to the center of the background.  I used the Nuvo Adhesive Tape Runner to add adhesive to the back of this narrow frame.  This is how the background piece looked prior to adding the flowers and ferns.

A piece of black card stock, slightly larger than the decorated panel was distressed using the Tonic Distresser.  It was attached using Nuvo Adhesive Tape Runner.


Closeup of the Echinacea

I have added links to Tonic Studio's products below.  If you use these links to purchase products, I will receive a small commission which helps me purchase supplies -- no additional cost to you.  I appreciate you visiting my blog and appreciate your support




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails