Sunday, January 14, 2018
I love creating flowers with Susan's Tierney-Cockburn's flower dies from Elizabeth Craft Designs. Susan has a new release now available, and one of my favorite is the new Lilac 2 die set. Today I have have created two new colors of lilacs - pink and white, for a very feminine card. Here is how this card was designed.
1. Start with a 6 inch square card.
2. For the background use the new Flower Lace Frame and die cut three frames using White Soft Finish Cardstock. Glue the three frame together for dimension.
3. Cut a 6 inch square piece of pink card stock for a backing for the Flower Lace Frame. Attach the frame using 3 mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive. Attach the frame to the front of the card.
4. Use the Garden Notes Lilacs 2 die set and die cut enough petals to create two lilac branches. Die cut all the petals using 85 lb White Soft Finish Cardstock. Use a pink marker to color the center of some petals to create the pink lilacs. Coloring the petals with the pink marker, instead of die cut petals with pink card stock -- this helps to create a more dainty flower. Shape the petals with Susan's Flower Tool Kit and assemble one pink and one white branch. Die cut the lilac leaves. Use the Leaf Tool and Pad to draw on veins, shape with the Flower Tools, and color with Pan Pastels. Assemble the flowers and leaves on the lower left corner of the card.
5. Use the Garden Notes Ostrich Fern die set and die cut three fern branches. Use the top of each stem behind the lilac arrangement.
6. Use the A Way With Words 4 Seasons die set and die cut the word Spring, using black card stock. Attach to the upper left corner of the card.
7. Use Suzanne Cannon's Where Flowers Bloom stamp set and stamp the sentiment using VersaFine Black ink. Clear Emboss the sentiment and trim around it using scissors. Attach with foam dimensional tape as shown.
8. As a finishing touch, add a light pink bow at the base of the bunch of lilacs.