Tuesday, January 16, 2018
I am always excited to create flowers with Susan Tierney-Cockburn's flower dies. Today Elizabeth Craft Design has a new release featuring new dies in the Garden Notes Collection. The design team has created a variety of cards featuring these new dies. You can view all these projects at this LINK.
Here is how my card was created.
1. Start with a 6-inch card base.
2. Cover the front of the card with a 6 inch square piece of Soft Finish Lavender Cardstock
3. Cut a piece of white card stock 6 inches square. Use the Romantic Bouquet die set and die cut the top portion of this white cardstock. Attach to the front of the card.
4. Use Susan's Garden Notes Lilacs 2 die setr and create a light lavender lilac. Add yellow Prills to the center of the small flowers.
5. Use Susan's Leafy Berry Branch die set to die cut one light green branch. Use Nuevo Crystal Lavender Drops to create the berries.
6. Use the Dotted Scallop Hearts die set and die cut a small heart, using lavender card stock. Use Susan's Little Words That Mean A Lot stamp set and stamp the shown sentiment using VersaMark Ink. Emboss using white embossing power. Attach to the lower left corner using dimensional tape.
7. Attach the Leafy Berry Branch and Lilacs on the right lower corner, as shown. Attach a purple bow at the base of the flower.
When creating cards with dimensional flowers, you can mail them out in the Clear Boxes from Elizabeth Craft Designs. The boxes are sturdy enough to enclose your card and add a piece of paper behind the card showing the address. I use a strip of clear shipping tape to close each end. I have been mailing my cards in these boxes for years and they always arrive to the recipient in great condition.