Saturday, September 3, 2011

Red Rose



Today I am back to my first love -- creating flowers and doing lots of layering using pretty dies.   Joan's Gardens has such a great variety of the Cheery Lynn dies and I sure used a lot of them on my card today.  First the background piece was embossed with the Swiss Dots embossing folder.  The Dainty Dutch Deco Frame (DL141) frame was die cut.  This frame leaves an open center so I wanted to add some texture; I die cut the "Small Window Frame (FRM114) and cut off what I needed to place behind the opening. Don't you like that look! This was placed over the Swiss  Dots background so you can now see those dots through the Window Frame.  Many of you told me you love this "Victorian Romance Flourish (DL 151) that was added to the top left corner.  It is such a beautiful flourish and I love to use it.  Can you see that pretty little doily under the rose?  It was a doily in the center of the "Dainty Dutch Deco Frame".  You get two dies in one!  Just the scalloped edge of that little doily peeks out from under the flower, but that was all I wanted, so it worked perfect.  

The red rose was created using the Medium Pear punch, the Flower Tool Kit and shaping mat you can get from Joan's Gardens.  Joan knows how much you all love this tool kit and she has a hard time keeping them in stock, but she does get new shipments weekly.  All the components were attached to the card then three Cheery Lynn butterflies were added.  The larger butterfly is the "Exotic Butterfly small" (DL113) and the two smaller butterflies are the "Mini Butterflies (DL112).  Can you see those three flourishes coming out at the bottom of the Rose?  These were flourishes that came out of the "Victorian Romance Flourish" -- this is an additional bonus you get from one die.   Ultrafine diamond glitter was added to the center (body) of each butterfly to finish off the card.  Oops -- forgot to tell you I used the Martha Stewart "Doulbe Arches" border punches to add a frame to the back of the card.  As you know, you can get all your Cheery Lynn Dies and tools for creating your own flowers from Joan's Gardens I received a package from Joan today with lots of new products I am excited to share with you soon. 

Thank you for coming by to visit my blog.  I noticed last week I went over the 300,000 visitors count - WOW!  I love your visits and all your comments.  

Hope you are enjoying your long weekend!


7324

20 comments:

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous Selma, love the red rose, so striking against the white of the card, love all the dies...just beautiful.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Auntie Em said...

Your card is sooo beautiful! I love the layers with the embossed background and the beautiful lacy layers over it. The butterflies and the rose are all so pretty. A treat to see!
Thank-you for sharing! :)

Betty Benton said...

That red rose on the white background is just stunning! Love it!

Yogi said...

wow this is a very involved and beautiful card. nice use of all those dies and the rose is gorgeous.

Payne Holler Cards said...

isnt this gorgeous against the white!
beautiful as always (-:

AKiteFlier said...

GASP - THUD - Drool! Oh my goodness Selma - opening your blog page is like opening a Christmas present. I never know what will be inside but I know it will be FABULOUS! The red rose contrasting the stark white is just gorgeous. AND you are doing what you do best - FLOWERS! Did you ever think about being a florist?? I guess in a way you are - a paper florist with the greatest talent!

Hope your back is improving - we must skype again soon, It's always good to chat with you. Have a great weekend. I'm hobbling around! :-)

Sheila - Ginger said...

Oh my goodness....this is sush a stunningly elegant card Selma! Th beautiful red rose against the crisp white embossed and cut layers is fabulous!! It was a happy day when I came across your blog many months ago now Selma!!

Love Sheila xx

Glenda said...

This is such a dramatic card...all the white with the pop of red! Just beautiful!

Seafield Jo said...

Wow this is stunning. You have such an eye for putting all the detailed dies together. And the red rose finishes it all to perfection. Jo x

craftieodmae said...

I so love this, all the die cuttings and layering..............beautiful!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Soooooo gorgeous!

A Consuming Passion said...

What a stunning card Selma!!!! Hear you've been having a 'Spring' clean in your craft room!

Darlene said...

Oh Selma ... this is just STUNNING!! LOVE all the white on white and that red rose just POPS! Absolutely STUNNING!!

ednamburgess said...

Very beautiful Love the white on white with just the red accent Edna

Winnie and Patty said...

Selma--the red rose against the beautiful white on white background is stricking and very elegant! Just wonderful! TFS

Janett said...

Selma you hit this one out of the park.It's just beautiful.

Janett

CraftinGranny said...

OMG, this is totally gorgeous Selma. Congrats on the number of hits my dear friend. They are so well deserved and just goes to show how much everyone loves your amazing creations. "Hugs" Carol

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Is there anything more beautiful than a single red rose? Gorgeous! Love all the texture!

Anonymous said...

I've seen some incredible cards, but that was one of the few that made my favorites. Truly beautiful.

Nan G said...

Stunning, absolutely stunning! Love all of lacy layers. I have enlarged the rose and printed so I can see how it's layered and make some too. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails