Saturday, September 10, 2011

LaBlanche Meadow Flower



I have another pretty LaBlanche stamp from Joan's Gardens to show you.  This one is called "Meadow Flower"  (LB1237).  The image was stamped on LaBlanche Specialty Paper and colored with Distress Inks and Nibs.  I love how easy it is to color these images; it takes just a little color (ink) to make them beautiful.   The entire piece was sponged using the Blending Tool and blue Distress Ink.  It was matted on black card stock.  The black corners are from one of the new Spellbinder die sets called "Lace Doily Accents".  Along the left side of the stamped piece I added the Cheery Lynn "Tropical Flourish" (B127).  The flowers were created by die cutting the flowers from the Cheery Lynn "Darling Daisies" die (A196). I wanted these flowers to resemble the flowers in the stamped image so used a pair of Deckle Edge Scissors to snip off the ends of each petal.  Two flowers were stacked together.  Tiny beads were added to the center of each one.  One of the Cheery Lynn "Mini Butterflies" (DL112) was added above the flowers.  To complete the card, a small black bow made with the Bow Easy was added under the die cut flowers.

As you know, you can purchase your LaBlanche stamps and Cheery Lynn Dies from Joan's Gardens.

So far we only have three entries in the Joan's Gardens Challenge.  I hope you are working on your entry.  Remember you will be eligible to win a prize PLUS if you are the winner will be entered into the drawing at the end of the year for a $100 gift certificate from Joan's Gardens.  I'm looking forward to seeing your pretty card.

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend. 

312562

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Selma. I'm new to your blog and am so impressed with your creative cards. They really are beautiful. I'm know your going to think I'm crazy, that's okay, I am a little. Anyway, I bought an original sizzix at the thrift store the other day thinking I would love to learn how to use it.(no instuctions included). Today I bought an embossing folder and got home and realized I must be missing something. When I slide the white board in the metal press doesn't even come close to it. Do I need to purchase something else like a block of some sort? Any help you can share with this newbie would really be appreciated.

Thanks...Tracy :)
cottonpickincute(at)hotmail(dot)com
http://cottonpickincute.blogspot.com

Sheila - Ginger said...

Selma this is such a very,very pretty card and such a lovely image and I love the colours you have used on the image. I'm always in awe of what you come up with.

Love Sheila xx

Glenda said...

Just lovely Selma! I love how you use nibs to color, and it looks amazing!

Pat said...

Your cards are gorgeous!!

Gail said...

stunning!!! tfs..loves ya

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Selma, your card is just so beautiful! I love that stamp!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Such a beautiful crisp and clean card! LOVE it!

April said...

Beautiful! I love the frame and flowers on the left!

Anonymous said...

Llove the CL darling dasies..

Joyce

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Beautiful design, Selma!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails