Friday, September 16, 2011

New Flower Stackers from Joan's Gardens


 Today I worked with some of the new Cheery Lynn Dies I received from Joan's Gardens.  I really love these new Stacker Flowers.  The flowers on this card were created with the "Stacker Flower #4" (SF-4) die.  There are two layers for each flower.  For the stamens I used two different punches:  Small Frilly Snowflake and Medium Sparkle.  The design paper is from the new Webster's Pages "Your Beautiful Life" paper pad. This pad has some purple papers in it which are hard to find - I am always on the lookout for pretty purple design paper. The beautiful oval doily is the Polynesian Sails Oval (DL153).  It was attached on the top of the card which is 6" x 5 1/2".  For added beauty, I add the Cheery Lynn "Victorian Romance Flourish" attaching the center of it to the bottom center of the oval doily.  It almost looks like "feet" to hold up the oval frame. Tucked in behind the flowers are leaves from the Cheery Lynn "Stacker Flower #1" (SF-1) and a few Martha Stewart punched branches.  The Sentiment is from the JustRite "Elegant Frames" stamp set.  The two flourishes up in the corners are from the Marianne (LR0117) die set.  This set also has a pretty rectangle doily.  Everything was arranged on the card then a silk purple bow was added. Black pearls were added to the center of the flowers, under the sentiment and up in the corners.


 This view of the card shows the dimension of the flowers.

This is something else I was working on today.  Joan has some new videos on her blog I'm sure you will want to see.  One of the videos shows how to create crape paper flowers.  I will be making a card with these flowers later.  They are so easy to create using these special Cheery Lynn Scalloped Window Stackers (XMC-5).  There are six different sizes in each set, which allows you to create different sizes and styles of flowers.  I have some techniques, not shown in the video, I will share with you when I post my card using these flowers.  There are also "Inverted Scalloped Window Stackers (XMC-6) and "Classic Window Stackers (XMC-4).  I am anxious to see what other pretty flowers I can create with all these dies.

As you know, you can purchase all the products I use from Joan's Gardens.  Don't forget to go over to Joan's blog and view the four new Cheery Lynn Videos for lots of ideas.

315193

9 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Wow... I'm blown away, this is gorgeous!

Patti J said...

Another fabulous card, Selma. Wow!!!

CraftinGranny said...

What a beauty. Love the purples. "Huggs" Carol

UK June said...

I look forward so much to your posts, this is a beauty, thankyou for your generosity in sharing. Hugs June

Glenda said...

Another gorgeous creation girl! Love these flowers and all the little details behind the flowers!

Karen W said...

Totally gorgeous Selma, Love the color and all the details are perfect!

craftieodmae said...

beautiful, I love thsoe dies!!!!!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Stunning, as usual Selma! Your cards are gorgeous!

A Consuming Passion said...

Oh Selma this is just such a beautiful card~~ Love how you added the layers behind your flowers and this paper from Websters is wonderful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails