Monday, September 5, 2011

LaBlanche Bird and a Tip


Yesterday I spent time reorganizing my craft studio.  I still have some more work to do but as soon as I have it all completed, I will take pictures and share them with you.

I promised to show you some new products you can now get from Joan's Gardens.  She has a great assortment of the new LaBlanche stamps that are so fabulous to design with.  Today I created a card using the "Singing Bird" (LB1232).  I used Ranger black "Archival Ink" to stamp the image.  As I told you in an earlier post, my favorite way to color these images is using "Pen Nibs" and Distress Inks.  You just touch the end of the nib onto the Distress Ink pad and it picks up enough color for coloring.  The tips are very tiny so it is easy to color small areas such as the stems on these flowers.  If you need to color a larger area, you use the side  - just roll the nib across the ink pad to pick up the ink. Below is a picture of the Distress Ink pad and a picture of the package of 10 NibsMy tip is that I store the Nib I  use, for each color, right inside the ink pad.  You can see it on the right side in the picture below.  This way I am not having to look for the nib that matches the color of ink.  The lid still fits perfectly even with the nib inside.



When you use the Distress Inks on the "LaBlanche Specialty Stamping Paper" it is very easy to blend your colors.  I have blended two or three colors on the bird, flowers and leaves.  That is what gives it a pretty shading.  After the image was colored, I cut it out with a Spellbinders Rectangle Nestie, embossing the edges.  This piece was then distressed using the Tim Holtz Blending Tool and Tea Dye Distress Ink.

Joan's Gardens has just received a shipment of all the new Spellbinders dies.  I have used three of them on this card.  First I die cut a Spellbinders "Labels Ten" to go behind the stamped image.  At the bottom of the design, I used one of the new Spellbinder "Ironworks Motifs".  At the top of the stamped design I used one of the "Twisted Metal Tags and Accents" dies.  It was die cut using glossy paper.  There are little embossed dots around this label, but while the card stock was still in the die, I first sponged it with "Tea Dye" Distress Ink then used a piercing tool, from the Flower Tool Kit, to pierce holes through the die.  So easy to do when you leave the die cut in the die.  I then had a white border, so lightly sponged the edges.  This die cut was cut in half and tucked down behind the stamped image.  

The name of this stamp is "Singing Bird" so I wanted a musical background.  The design paper used is from the BoBunny "of et ccetera Collection" paper pad.  The border behind the image and the four corners are from the new Spellbinders "Lace Doily Accents".  I wanted to add some pearls to the design.  I didn't have the right color pearls to go on on the black pieces so I used my "YR14" Copic marker to color them.  Two black pearls were added to the top of the rectangle piece.  A black silk bow was added to complete the card.

As you know, you can purchase all the products I use, from Joan's Gardens.  She has all the new LaBlanche stamps and new Spellbinder dies in stock.

309087


13 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Absolutely gorgeous Selma! Love the colors... the contrast is awesome!

Joan Fricker said...

Oh my goodness Selma, I think this is one of my very favorite cards.
You did an awesome job with blending the colors and I love all the differet dies that you used. Absoultely gorgeous!

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Crystal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crystal said...

Just beautiful! and I love LaBlanche stamps, I have about 6 or 7 and wish I had them all! I really like the ironworks die.

FYI, I can't wait to see your card each day!

Sheila - Ginger said...

Absolutely gorgeous Selma...I'm not really one who likes black but this works so beautifully...a stunner!!!

Love Sheila xx

Unknown said...

wow so pretty card
like every thing on this thank for showing

craftieodmae said...

you never cease to amaze me, this is gorgeous

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Selma- I love this card-the colors are beautiful and the design is stunning!

Patti P. said...

I love this card....so beautiful. The LaBlanche stamps are gorgeous and you may have inspired me to get mine out and try them, I bought two from Joan and have yet to use them. Thanks for the tip about the nibs. Have a good day.

Payne Holler Cards said...

kid-oh I challenge you to create an ugly card!!! yep, just want to see if you can do it LOL
this is a knockout!
love the tip - I often color same way but never thought of storing the nib in the case....you are amazing...
now lets see an ugly card ...bet ya cant do it ROFLOL...tooo much caffeine today
hugs GF

Anonymous said...

Another classic - crisp, cool and so perfect for fall.
Kay

Anonymous said...

Very nice looking, thanks for sharing. Hugs, Char

CraftinGranny said...

So elegant and beautifully colored Selma. This is such a gorgeous card. "Hugs" Carol

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails