Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Joan's Gardens Weekly Challenge #4





It is time for another challenge at Joan's Gardens.    Here is the challenge Joan gave us this week:
■ Create a Card using something from nature
■ Create a card using several layers
■ Create a card using glitter

■ Created a card using a border around the card

This is a 5 1/2" square card.  For the layers on my card I used the Martha Stewart "Doulbe Arches" border punches for the bottom layer. I started with a 6" square then punched around the edges and layered it on top of the white card.  On top of that is the Cheery Lynn Dainty Dutch Deco Frame (DL141).  This is the perfect size frame to layer on top of the Doulbe Arches punched border to give it an even more dainty look.  Behind the Dainty Dutch Deco Frame I have attached a piece of design paper from the Kaiser Craft "December 25th" paper pad.   The beautiful image is the Penny Black "Nature's Best" stamp.  It was colored using colored pencils and OMS.  I stamped just the bird a second time and attached it over the one in the design for additional dimension.  For the top I die cut the beautiful new snowflakes from Marianne Design (LR0123). There are three snowflakes in this set; they can be used separately, but I chose to layer them.  The three different flakes were attached with dimensional tape.  I wanted to add glitter,  so I used a new product you can get from Joan's Gardens called "Glue n' Seal".  Wow!  this glue is fabulous.  You can use it for many things such as when you paper piece, add paper to boxes, etc.  I used a brush and applied the glue all over the dimensional snowflake then poured glitter over it.  What an easy way to accomplish that.   Below is a picture of this glue. I still had some of the glue left on my brush so lightly brushed it over the holly around the bird and lightly sprinkled glitter on it. The sentiment is from the JustRite "A Merry Little Christmas".  It was gold embossed and placed slightly under the holly. 

Here is a picture of the Glue n' Seal I used to hold the glitter:


Please go over to Joan's Gardens to get all the details about this week's challenge.

323587

6 comments:

Marian B. said...

I love your blog and your beautiful cards. Would you please tell me the size the white paper was that you used the double arches on.
Thank you.

Sheila - Ginger said...

Wonderful card Selma....such a lovely image too...perfect for Christmas.

Love Sheila xx

Unknown said...

wow what a beautiful card
make a very nice christmas card
it going to make a good and nice challenge
thank for showing

Glenda said...

Your card is beautiful as always! Hoping to get to play along today!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Another beautiful work of art Selma! Have fun at Hobby Lobby today!

A Consuming Passion said...

Oh so lush!!! The image is gorgeous and set against the layered borders is out of this world!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails