Sunday, April 10, 2011

Wishing You Happiness





I was playing with petals from  the "Super Giant Begonia Petals" punch to see if I could come up with a different type of flower and this is what happened.  I like the way it turned out.  It is so fun to have the punches to be able to create so many different flowers with them.  The petals were punched using vanilla card stock and the edges sponged with brown ink.  They were shaped with the tools from the Flower Tool Kit on the black shaping mat.  The punches used for the stamen were both the large and medium "Sky Flake" punches.  They were punched using beige card stock and the circles on the tips of each flake were colored brown with a marker (front and back) then shaped with the shaping tools.  The card stock I used comes in packets from Joan's Gardens.

The Sizzix "Wreath" embossing folder was used.  This is a folder in the package with "Birds & Wreath" embossing folders.  The embossed oval frame with leaves was cut out with scissors so it could stand out from the design paper.  The sentiment is from another new JustRite stamp set "Elegant Frames".  I only wanted to use the sentiment,  but the frames in this set are gorgeous.  It was stamped using VersaFine Brown ink.  A few Sizzix branch w/leaves were die cut using vanilla card stock.  They blend in perfect with the embossed leaves on the oval.  The flower and leaves were arranged in the corner then a brown bow added.  To complete the card, two beautiful butterflies from the "Pinkpaislee Butterfly Garden Collection" were added along with a few pearls in the corners.

Have you tried making your own flowers with the supplies from Joan's Gardens

22 comments:

craftieodmae said...

That flower is beyond beautiful, you amaze me at the flowers you can make, gorgeous card!

La Vikinga said...

Beautiful flowers you made!!

Jennie - The Crafty Wife said...

Very elegant and such a beautiful blend of colours.

Anonymous said...

Hello Selma,
....... beautiful, gorgeos card.
Sorry, I'm German. :-)
Bye Gaby

Sheila - Ginger said...

Hello Selma I'm from the uk and I have just stumbled across your blog! Oh and am I pleased I did...you make the most stunning cards and I am just starting to collect the Punch Bunch punches as I have started to make flowers and you have given me so much inspiration. Your card is just so beautiful as are all your others.
Thank you so much for sharing them.

Love Sheila xx

Gloria said...

I have fallen in love with all your cards. Thank you so much for sharing them with us. I bought several Punch bunch punches a year or so ago but I haven't done much with them. But everytime I look at one of your cards I want to get them out. Matter of fact I think I will now. Thanks so much.

CraftinGranny said...

Another stunning creation! I think I've used almost every adjective there is regarding your flowers so I'm going to have to come up with something new.....lol Love the monochromatic colors. "Hugs" Carol

Anonymous said...

Hello Selma,

I just wanted to say what a stunning blog you have. Your cards are just beautiful works of art and you've given me so much inspiration as I have just started my collection of Punch Bunch punches and making flowers, also your tutorials are so easy to follow.
I don't have a blog as most of my time is taken by my daughter who is Special Needs and will be 40 this year. ...but when I do get the chance I love making cards.

I'm so pleased I stumbled across your blog and will look forward to see more of your stunning work.

Take care

Love Sheila xx

Kerrie said...

You make it sound dead simple ... gorgeous card.

Auntie Em said...

Your flower is so pretty! I love the browns colours and the pretty embellies you used.
Thanks for sharing! :)

Brenda said...

Oh Selma this is gorgeous!! Nobody can do flowers like you do, amazing!!!

Karen W said...

OH I love it and I can't wait to try the darling border tutorial. This and the last card are both gorgeous!

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Selma! That flower is amazing!

Donna said...

Gorgeous card, Selma! I usually avoid brown but your card is lovely with that color!

Cindy said...

Beautiful flower Selma, and I love that you used browns and white/cream. It makes the card so unique.
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Good morning Selma:

I absolutely love your card and especially your flower - positively beautiful.

Susan

Bev J. said...

Such a gorgeous card and so elegant with the browns. Love the wreath embossing folder.

Marge said...

Absolute elegance..

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

You are always so creative and have such a great eye for putting things together. Beautiful!

Jose said...

More beautiful flowers, love the colours here
Jose

Glenda said...

The colors are so soft and pretty and love that embossing folder!

Sandy Ang said...

So very classy and elegant !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails