Monday, April 4, 2011

LaBlanche Iris





Today I have another flower card but it is not made with punches.  I wanted to show you this beautiful "Framed Iris" stamp from LaBlanche stamps.  Joan's Gardens has a great selection of LaBlanche stamps.  This is a 5x7" card.  To start with I used a piece of glossy card stock for the front panel.  I created a background by using a pretty Heartfelt Creations flourish stamp.  It was stamped with Versamark ink around the outside edge and heat set -- no embossing powder added.  Using large sponge daubers I sponged on three colors of dye based ink:  light yellow, light blue and light green.  The colors were sponged and blended all over the card.  The LaBlanche Iris was stamped using Momento black ink and heat set so the ink wouldn't smear on the glossy card stock.  As soon as I knew the ink was dry, the image was colored using Copic markers.  You can see part of the flourish even under the Iris.  It makes such a pretty background. 

A piece of pretty ivory lace was added below the stamped image.  The sentiment is from the JustRite "You're So Sweet" stamp set.  It was stamped with VersaMark ink and embossed with "Vanilla" embossing powder then cut out with a Nestability "Lacy Circle" die.  Three Martha Stewart Butterflies were punched out of yellow card stock then sponged around the edges with Tea Dye Distress Ink.  I have included a close up of one of the butterflies because I wanted to show you the texture on it.  When you punch a butterfly, as you know, they are pretty plain if punched out of plain card stock.  I used a Tim Holtz stamp set I love to use for textures such as this; it is called "Slight Alterations".  There are three background stamps in this set.  To complete the card I added yellow Flower Soft to the Iris petals. 

I want to remind you to go over to Joan's Gardens to vote for your favorite tag.  The winner this week does receive a nice gift from Joan's Gardens.

4 comments:

CraftinGranny said...

So pretty Selma. Yep, I'm back to blogging but only for a short time as eyes are still dilated but I'm fine. Can't keep an old down...LOL

These are beautiful new stamps and you create such fantastic projects to showcase them. "Hugs" Carol

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is amazing Selma! So very pretty! I made it to Hobby Lobby today... I will be back, next time w/o DH!LOL!

craftieodmae said...

How beautiful is this! I love those iris and have a few in my garden, they so tiny and elegant!

Grandma Pat said...

That is definitely one of the prettiest cards I've ever enjoyed. Your work is lovely and very professional. Thank you for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails