Friday, April 1, 2011

Have A Fabulous Birthday Yellow Posies


Today I have a card created with leftover flowers from yesterday's post and a few other things I had on my desk.  The background paper is from a DCWV paper pad.  There is a lattice border down the middle of the card punched with the Martha Stewart "Garden Trellis" punch.  On top of that is a punched border created with the Martha Stewart Mega "Branch" punch.  The pretty doily is one of the new die cut doilies from Joan's Gardens called "Canadian Kaleidoscope".  I love having the doily dies so I can cut any color doily I need for my projects.  They are so lacy and a great addition to any project.   It was cut out with green card stock.  To give it some added texture, I decided to fold it in fourths and run it through the crimper.  Love how it turned out.  The sentiment is from the JustRite "You Inspire Me" set, and the pretty frame is from the JustRite "Kindness" set.  These were white embossed on turquoise card stock and cut out with scissors. 

The flowers were created using the Martha Stewart "Cosmo" and "Cornflower" punches.  the stamens were created with the sun punch and the tips of each point was colored with an orange marker.   The flowers were arranged around the sentiment and leaves tucked in around them.  A pretty silk green bow and butterfly were added to complete the card. 

I am happy I made a few extra little posies so I could create two very different cards.  This card will fit into a business size envelope.  All the products used can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.


9 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!!! Love the doily and flowers

The Other Patti Sue said...

Love those posies! Your forcing me into trying flowers you know!!! Beautiful card GF!

Joan Fricker said...

Selma, great card. Love those colors and the doily really sets off those beautiful flowers.

So fun!

Chrissy said...

As soon as the picture popped up, I said...This is a Selma...and so right I was..STUNNING...sooo beautiful, I just love everything you do, so polished and perfect.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Anonymous said...

I have just spent the better part of the afternoon looking through your archives.I want to thank you for all your generous tips and tutorials on all your lovely work. You have a true gift, both in your creativity and in the open heart to share what you love. This is a rare and special combination. I will stop back often to see your new work as we share a love of flowers and froo-froo. Thanks again for a lovely afternoon.

Renie Rogers

veltq said...

Of course you are "happy" with your creation Selma...It is absolutely beautiful! Your doily and flowers are spectacular...and the whole card is just amazing...you are one truly gifted artist...and I tell Joan every time I order. TFS !

Winnie and Patty said...

Stunning card Selma!!!!! Just gorgeous! TFS

Lynne said...

Making a different size card is a great idea, especially when the envelope size is commercially available. Your creations are special. I, too, am a flower lover.

helen said...

I just love your work.Your flowers and colour combinations are just too lovely for words.Thanks so much for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails