Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Warm Hello



Punches used to create these daisies

Today I have created a card using a new JustRite stamp set "A Warm Hello".  There are nine sentiments and nine frames in this set. The sentiment was die cut using the smallest Spellbinders "Labels Two" die. I built this card around using the new Cheery Lynn "Lattice" die from Joan's Gardens.  I love cards that have a lattice on them and this die is so perfect for creating all types of cards.  I decided to create an overlay for the lattice and die cut an opening with the largest Spellbinder "Labels Two" die.  This piece was then embossed with the Cuttlebug "Swiss Dots" embossing folder.  The lattice was glued to the back of the die cut window.  For the background, I used a piece of designer paper from another one of the new paper pads I just received from Joan's Gardens called "Botanical".  You can see all the new paper pads on Joan's blog.  The lattice was placed at the top of the card then a strip of aqua card stock embossed with an old Cuttlebug embossing border was placed at the bottom of it. 

Five daisy flowers were created.  Each flower has three layers of the punched "Large Daisy" and four layers of the "Medium Sun" for the stamen.   These pieces were all shaped using the Flower Tool Kit.  The leaves are from the Sizzix "Branch w/Leaves #2" die.  They were also shaped before adding them to the card.  The corners are from the new Spellbinder "Floral Doily Accent" die cut set.  A rhinestone was added to the center of each die cut corner.  A pretty silk bow was added to complete this card. 

You can purchase all the products used to create this card from Joan's Gardens.

8 comments:

Alli H. said...

I have been a big fan of your work since I discovered you recently. I have to say that this is beautiful. I hope that you don't mind my borrowing some of your techniques. It is truly inspiring.

Chrissy said...

STUNNING Selma...just beautiful..I love doing trellising as well, but I hav'nt for a long time...thanks for the inspiration.
The flowers are fabulous.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Glenda said...

Selma, I just love these flowers. You truly inspire me!

A Consuming Passion said...

Oh beautiful Selma......I looked at all these dies in my (Not so) local papercarft shop at the week end and got s terribly confussed......I think I need you here!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Selma I just love this one. wonderful.

Hugs Trish.

Pat said...

Is there no end to your talent? I've just purchased a few punches to start my flowering cards because of your wonderful examples.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love, love it!
Jackie

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

It's very pretty. Love the lattice work on it. Perfect for flowers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails