Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Easter Basket





I just received some new JustRite Stamps and created a card today with "From My Kitchen".  This is a 1 5/8" round set with 9 borders and 9 centers.  I thought this sentiment would be perfect on a small Easter Basket. 

I used a box pattern and created my basket out of the bottom.  To create the scalloped edge along the top of the basket I used the Martha Stewart "Scallop 3 Dot" border punch.  This punch was perfect for matching up the small scallops at each corner.  Four panels were cut to fit below the scalloped edge and were embossed with the Cuttlebug "Love Language" embossing folder.  This is a very old Cuttlebug folder that has tiny embossed hearts.  These panels were glued to each side.  The handle was created with one of the new Martha Stewart punches called "Double Link Trim Double Edge Punch".  Long name isn't it.  I punched the border along the 11" side of the card stock.  To decorate it up a bit, I threaded green grosgrain ribbon through the center of the strip.  The same ribbon was attached with ScorTape just under the punched border of the box. 

The JustRite sentiment "From My Kitchen" was stamped and cut out with a circle Nestie.  One of the borders from the same set was stamped and cut out with one of the petite circle Nesties and each scallop pierced to go along with the punched border.   To add a little more color to the front, the sentiment was mounted over one of the pretty elements from the Spellbinders "Parisian Accents" die set.  Flowers were created using the medium "Sakuras" punch and the stamens were created with the small "Sky Flake" punch.  The leaves were created with the "Oak Leaf" punch.  All were shaped with the Flower Tool Kit.  The basket was filled with pink paper grass and chocolate eggs.  I just realized that I didn't pull up some of the grass so it would show in the picture. 

All products used on today's project can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.  Tomorrow will be a new Weekly Card Challenge at Joan's Garden's so come back to see what fun we have planned for you this week,


11 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

What a neat little basket! So CAAA-UTE!

craftieodmae said...

Over the top!!!!! The only way it could be any better if it was sitting here in front of me full of candy hehe

Sherry Kushibab said...

Just love following you and seeing all these great projects....this is absolutely adorable. TFS

Chrissy said...

STUNNING!! Selma you are so incredibly talented, this is just beautiful.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Kerrie said...

Oh what a sweet easter basket....

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

Beautiful Easter Basket! I love the flowers and all the details make it perfect!

Glenda said...

Girl, you are making my head spin! So many wonderful things going on here on your blog lately! This basket is adorable and as always love those flowers!

Donna said...

Oh so cute, Selma! Love the cute little flowers and the shape of the basket is definitely fun. Great new stamps too!

Jerri Jimenez said...

This basket is totally adorable Selma! I don't think I'd be able to resist those chocolates . . . LOL!

Payne Holler Cards said...

wow! this is "like WOW"

Anonymous said...

Hi Selma,


I really love this little basket. I am going to try something similar. I was looking for a basket a little different than I have done in the past. I think I just found it. by the way, I love most everything you do. Keep it up.


Lorna

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails