Thursday, April 7, 2011

Joan's Weekly Challenge



 It time for another Weekly Challenge at Joan's Gardens.  This week the challenge is:

■ a monocromatic card with a splash of color
■ use an embossing folder
■ something die cut
■ something dimensional

This is a 6" square  card.  The embossing folder is from the Sizzix "Birds & Wreath" set.  I really love this embossing folder.  I used the other embossing folder from this set on  my blue tag the other day.   The corners and pretty die cut image in the center of the embossed folder are from the Spellbinder "Parisian Accents" die cut set.  The flourish is from the Sizzix "Elegant Flourishes" die.  The flowers were created with the medium "blossom" punch and the stamens are created with the frilly snowflake punch.   The sentiment is from the new JustRite stamp set "Charmed".  There are 15 stamps in this set.  The pretty butterflies are from the PinkPaislee "Butterfly Garden" Collection.  These are just gorgeous butterflies that look so realistic.  All the pieces were layered as shown.    

 The products used to create this card are all new items in Joan's Gardens store. 

Hope you will join us this week for another fun challenge at Joan's Gardens.

10 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Either your up as early as I am or you figured out how to pre set your post! This is gorgeous, love monochromatic cards!Your embossing works perfectly with all your beautiful elements!

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Selma! I love all the white and the embossing! Beautiful die cuts, flowers and butterflies!

Sherry Kushibab said...

A lovely card - so many lovely monochromatic layers. The pop of color is just perfect. Aleays enjoy viewing your work - your flowers are always so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Oh my oh my! What a gorgeous card! I have to get those dies.
Jackie

Payne Holler Cards said...

just lovely! adorable embellishments!

craftieodmae said...

This is gorgeous, kicking a few ideas around I wanta try for this chllenge!

Patti P. said...

Selma, this is gorgeous....I love those butterflies (actually love all of this collection) and can't wait to try this week's challenge.

Auntie Em said...

I love your card! The white on white background really pops those flowers and the amazing butterflies. How pretty!
Thanks for sharing! :)

velta said...

This is just beautiful Selma...I love all of the embossing you have done...and the flowers, as always are perfect! TFS :)

Anonymous said...

Selma, you are amazing! As of now, I vote you my favorite designer! Such versatility and style!

Margie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails