Monday, September 13, 2010

Rustic Autumn Wheel

Autumn Easel Card

In yesterday's blog post I stated I had decorated my front porch for Autumn and I have had requests to show a picture.  Here it is.  I still need to get some more pumpkins and mums, but this is it for now.

Today my card is made with another Heartfelt Creations stamp set.  This one is called "Rustic Autumn Wheel PreCut Set".  It really works great for an easel card but of course you wouldn't have to do this.  I also used two additional pumpkins from the "Pumpkin/Autumn Vines PreCut Set".

The image was stamped using Vivid brown ink and was colored using Koh-i-noor colored pencils and Gamsol.  The cloudy sky background was sponged on using a large sponge dauber.  The large stamp includes three size pumpkins but I added to additional small pumpkins attached with dimensional glue dots. 

A piece of plaid designer paper was added to the base of the easel card.  A Heartfelt Creations border was cut and placed along the bottom.  The greeting is from the Rustic Autumn Wheel stamp set.  It was cut out with a Nestability and sponged prior to taking it out of the die.  Two matching plaid corners were cut and added to the top to help frame the picture, and a few pumpkin colored rhinestones added to complete the card.

You can order your Heartfelt Creations stamps from Joan's Gardens here.

This card has been entered into Mark's Finest Papers, Speedy the Cat's Challenge.





20 comments:

HappyCrafter said...

What a lovely autumn card, and it looks like you are well prepared at home too.

Patti J said...

Oh my, Selma, you have gotten me in so much trouble! Now there's another set of stamps on my 'must have' list!!! Lol... Girl, this easel card is gorgeous! Don't you just LOVE coloring for fall? It's my favorite time. And what a beautiful front porch! Very well done, and thanks so much for sharing with us!

craftieodmae said...

Well I love it all, the card, fall scene, front porch every thing.

craftieodmae said...

Thank you so much for all your comments, emails and prayers about Bill. He went to his room today so hopefully he'll be home before long.

Kerrie said...

OMG... what a gorgeous autumn card, and thankyou for sharing you front porch, looks so beautiful, we don't do anything like this is Aussie!... what when spring hits, its spring cleaning (LOL) ...

Brenda said...

Beautiful autumn card! I may have to case this one!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Wow your porch looks wonderful! So welcoming! Love your card... it totally screams fall!

A Consuming Passion said...

This card is gorgeous Selma - your colouring is perfect as always and the LO is great.

Now your porch looks amazing, so inviting!!!! I can picture you there. Thanks for posting your picture - it's brightened a wet and misserable day in Sydney....yesterday we thought Spring had arrived now we're back in winter!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Selma- Excellent! Love the photo staging also! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends~

CraftinGranny said...

Your front porch is awesome Selma. I've been talking about getting mine done and I'm still procrastinating......LOL Fantastic card! "Hugs" Carol

Colleen said...

Selma,
I love your porch and the card. so festive!

Kathy and Lucky said...

What a beautiful card, love the fall feeling and easel cards are so much fun! Your coloring is so perfect. Your front poarch is beautiful, I have to wait here, since it is still in the 90's :)

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Love that stamp and your coloring is so pretty. It would make a great A2 card but even more special as an easel card.

Anonymous said...

Hi Selma,

I am a big fan of yours. I just want you to know how much I appreciate the daily e-mails with your beautiful creations. You are a wonder.
I also want to let you know that your entryway is very nice.

Joan P

Donna said...

Great card, Selma. Love your coloring. Your porch is so cute with all the decorations. Love it!

Joanne Travis said...

Such a pretty easel card, so lovely for autumn.
Thanks for sharing with us and for joining Speedy's Friends challenge using fall colors this week!

redwasher1 said...

Selma, your cards are always over the top beautiful!!! Love the staging.
Thanks for joining us at Speedy's Friends.

Joan Fricker said...

Selma, what a gorgeous card. I love the way you colored your pumpkins. Everything about this card is fantastic.

Your front porch is beautiful. Makes me want to get mine deoorated.

Lynn McAuley said...

What a stunning easel card with this beautifully colored harvest image!!


Thank you so very much, Selma, for sharing this gorgeous design with the Friends of Speedy the Cat in this week's challenge!!

Virgo5 said...

Love your easel card, and your house looks beautiful!
Thanks for playing with Speedy's friends!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails