Friday, September 17, 2010

Give Thanks


Our weather has changed and it really feels like Autumn has arrived.  There are pumpkins and mums on almost every porch.  This card was made using the Heartfelt Creations "Pumpkins/Autumn Vines" stamp set.  I have used the pumpkin stamps on other cards but not the pretty autumn vines, so wanted to make another card using this set. 

I tried a new way of coloring today.  I have had a lot of Twinkling H20 paints for several years and never used them.  I decided it was time.  These paints are so easy to use and give off such a pretty shine.  All the pumpkins were cut out so I could make an "arrangement".  The pretty vines were stamped on a piece of ivory card stock and then embossed with the "Victoria" Cuttlebug embossing folder.  Tim Holtz "Tea Dye" Distress ink was sponged over the embossing.   I stamped the vines a second time so I could cut the leaves out to give them dimension.   All the pumpkins were attached with dimensionals then a strip of grass was added.  This was created with a Martha Stewart grass punch.  Two gold brads were added to this panel.  It was mounted onto a piece of brown card stock.  The verse is from the same set and was gold embossed onto the designer paper.  A bow was added to complete the card.

The products used for this card can be purchased from Joan's Gardens

I'll be back tomorrow with another card.  Thanks for stopping by.

12 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Absolutely breath taking! I need to get my H2O's out too LOL.

A Consuming Passion said...

Beautiful colouring Selma!! Those pumpkins look real!!!
I also like the embossed sentiment over the dp.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Another lovely card for Fall. Love your coloring!

HappyCrafter said...

What a beautiful card, just love how you've layered all those gorgeous pumpkins and vines!

Michelle said...

Oh WOW Selma this is STUNNING! I love everything about this card, so much amazing detail.
Michelle :-)

Clare Curcio said...

Hi, Selma! Congratulations on being chosen for Heartfelt Creations! I'm going to try to be at the class to meet Emma Lou - how about you? Your cards are awesome!

Joan Fricker said...

Selma, another beautiful card with the pumpkins. The vines add so much and your coloring is awesome.

I love the grass and just ordered some more of those punches and some pumpkin dies from Spellbinders.

Great job!!!
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Winnie and Patty said...

Selma--this is beautiful. I love all the dimension you put on the card! Great job. And congrats for making the HFC design team. Way to go!!!! TFS

Lisa Somerville said...

The H2O's look lovely on the pumpkins. Wonderful embossed panel behind your images - fab fall card!

Anonymous said...

Another winner! Very beautiful!
Jackie

Colleen said...

Selma,
Amazing as always! Love the colors and the design.

The Other Patti Sue said...

You totally captured the feel of fall in this card... beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails