Sunday, September 5, 2010

Heard You Caught A Bug


This card was was created using three Heartfelt Creations stamp sets and matching dies all purchased from Joan's Gardens.  I love these little lady bugs and thought this would make a cute card for someone that isn't feeling well.

The designer paper was pulled from my "scrap" box and I don't know the company.  It was layered onto a piece of black card stock.  The lady bugs and verse are from the Heartfelt Creations "Simple Filler Stems" stamp set.  They were stamped with VersaMark ink and black embossed.  The flowers are from the "Daisy Patch Flowers" stamp set and cut out with matching dies.  I layered three of the larger flowers and added one smaller flower on top of them.  Flower Soft was added for the center.  Each layer is attached with dimensionals.  The HFC leaves were stamped on green card stock and cut out with the matching dies then tucked under the flower.   

The lady bugs were stamped on a wide piece of red card stock then three score lines drawn under the bugs.  A Martha Stewart punch was used to create a flower border along the bottom of this strip.   A strip of black card stock was added along the top then a black marker used to draw in the stitch marks.  

A cute red grosgrain bow, with black polka dots, was added above the greeting and five black rhinestones added along the punched border.

We had a wonderful time with our son and it was sad to take him back to the airport.  We did lots of fun things and ate way too much great food.

Thanks for stopping by.

12 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

Good to see you back Selma and glad you had fun with your Son!
This is a beautiful little card to start back with.....the ribbon is delish and yes those little ladybugs too!

Janie Printz said...

Very cute little card. I LOVE Lady Bugs so this hits home for me !!!
Hugs, Janie

velta said...

So happy to see you had fun with your son. What a blessing! Your card is amazing...I have got to pull out the Heartfelt Creation dies and stamps that I have bought....I think I need to stop donating all of my cards and just make some for myself. TFS!!

craftieodmae said...

Glad you had a great time with your family too! It is sad to let them go but that's life, Love your card! I just made one last week using that sentiment LOL. Will have to post it later if Stella didn't take it, she loved cards and took a few LOL. Playing catch up with all the post I have missed, all of your cards are gorgeous!!!

Kathy and Lucky said...

So glad you took time off to be with your son and that you had a great time,that is so important. Love this card and how you drew the score lines under the lady bugs. Love lady bugs!

Donna said...

Cute card! I love that sentiment for someone who isn't quite feeling well. Have a greta week. So glad you had a wonderful time with your son. It is sad to see them go back.

Colleen said...

Selma,
So glad you had fun with your son. I really like this card. I may just have to look for that set to get the ladybug and saying.

Anonymous said...

Selma, thanks for the beautiful card and I'm so happy to see that you are back. I know how you feel about leaving your son. I feel the same way when I leave my kids and grandkids back in Maine. I don't usually see them again for a year. I have two great grandchildren now to. One boy 3 months and one girl 5 years who just started school.

One of your fans,

Joan Plummer

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

This card is so cute. I love the shade of red. Red and black cards are always striking. I just like everything about this one!

Anonymous said...

Great to have you back Selma! But I am very glad that you had a great time with your son.

As always, thanks for sharing your creative talent with us.

Jackie

The Other Patti Sue said...

Welcome back Selma! This is so pretty... love the color pallet and your flowers are over the top gorgeous!

Payne Holler Cards said...

Welcome Home! Time with our grown kids is so precious (-:
your card is adorable - love the lady bugs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails