Saturday, September 25, 2010

Granddaughter's Card


Today I am posting a card my oldest granddaughter created for her mom's birthday.  She has not done much stamping and I think she did a really nice job.  She went through the JustRite catalog and picked out a layout she really liked.  Her mom's two favorite colors are yellow and blue so she wanted to create a card using these colors.  She found a piece of design paper in my paper stash and worked from there. 

The birthday greeting is from the JustRite "Baroque Nested Frames" stamp set.  She used the largest frame twice - once going vertical and once horizontal.  She wanted to make some of my vellum flowers so I gave her a little demo on how to make them, then created her own.  I love that she put a vellum yellow center in the blue flower to carry out the color scheme.  A tiny yellow pearl was added to the center of each.  I am very proud of her beautiful card and I am sure her mom will love it.   Great job Alison.

All the products used for this card, except the design paper, is available from Joan's Gardens.

Have a wonderful weekend.


11 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Selma
Your Granddaughter has created a very beautiful card for her mother. I love the blue and yellow colour combo and the layout is lovely. Her flowers look fantastic too.

Michelle :-)

A Consuming Passion said...

It's a beautiful card Selma! Alison should be very proud of herself, I'm sure her Mum will love it!

Kerrie said...

I can see who's footsteps she's following.... you must be one proud grandmother... beautiful card Alison

Patty Sue 2 said...

Selma,
What a talented granddaughter you have! The fruit did not fall far from the vine...(my mother-in-laws saying.)
Her color combo is beautiful and she could teach a class on flowers. She should enter this card in a contest!

sandyh said...

beautiful card! your granddaughter did a great job.....her mom should love it! i started stamping with my granddaughters when they were about 2 and 3. now they have babies of their own! so fast!
sandyh

craftieodmae said...

your Grand daughter got your talent, she did a awesome job!!!

Payne Holler Cards said...

she definitely inherited the creative gene - this is beautiful! Her mother is going to be so pleased!

Anonymous said...

Very Pretty! She did a great job! I hope she keeps creating. She has your genes for creativity.

Jackie

Colleen said...

Selma,
How lucky you are to have your grand daughter share this with you. She did an awesome job! Her mom will be delighted she took the time to do something special.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

When I saw the card I thought you had made it. Your granddaughter is a natural for this craft. It's a really beautiful card and you know I love those vellum flowers!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Alison you did an absolutely beautiful job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails