Monday, September 6, 2010

Joan's Gardens Challenge #13



Have you checked out Joan's Garden's fun Challenge this week?  I have been away but as soon as I saw her challenge I was excited to create a card using all the elements of the challenge.  You are to make a card or project this week and use the following:
  • Color - Deep rich purple
  • Embellishment - a Spellbinders Pendant - or a punch making a design
  • Cut out flower that you color
  • Punched Border
I used three JustRite stamp sets to create my card:  Breath of Spring; Beautiful Blossoms; and Just A Note.  The design paper is from the KaiserCraft "Lilac Avenue" collection.  The dp was attached to a white card.  A deep purple border was punched out with a Martha Stewart punch and added to the bottom.  The daisies are from the JustRite Beautiful Blossoms set.  They were stamped with black Memento ink and colored with Copic markers then cut out.  The oval is from the JustRite "Breath of Spring" stamp set.  It was stamped using a deep purple ink and the border was colored using a Copic marker. 

The Spellbinder pendant I used is called "Lotus".  I cut it out using white card stock.  I attached it to a light green card stock with adhesive then cut around the edges of the pendant so my background was solid green.  I didn't like the purple in the dp showing through.  Each element is attached with dimensionals.  A pretty deep purple silk ribbon was used to make a bow. 

A Prima flower I had was light purple so I used a sponge dauber to add a darker purple ink it so it matches the other items on the card. A large black brad was added to the center.  A Martha Stewart butterfly was added.  The Greeting is from the JustRite "Just A Note" stamp set.  It was cut out with a scalloped Nestie and sponged prior to taking it out of the die.

I hope you will join in on this fun challenge.  You can get all the details and submit your card at Joan's Garden's challenge #13.

All products used for this card can be purchased from Joan's Gardens

11 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Wowzers Selma this card is so rich and elegant!

Glenda said...

Your card is beautiful! I just love everything about it! The colors are so rich and beautiful!

Kerrie said...

Such a beautiful card, hope you enjoyed your time away.

A Consuming Passion said...

Just beautiful Selma! love the pendant you've used here!

CraftinGranny said...

Another beautiful creation Selma! Purple is my fav color of all time so I'm really in awe with this one.
"Hugs" Carol

Kathy and Lucky said...

Selma your card is outstanding, love the color and the border, so elegant!

Joan Fricker said...

Selma, this card is awesome! The colors are gorgeous too! As Glenda said, I love everything about it!!

Thanks so much for playing in Joan's Gardens #13 Weekly Challenge. I love seeing all the beautiful cards!

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Melanie said...

the oval looks so gorgeous over that pendant! your purple bow and colored flowers have me drooling!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Absolutely beautiful. I even have some of that paper and the pendant die! Guess what.....I think I'll have to use yours as a basic idea! :)

JudyI, St. Louis MO said...

Gorgeous as always! You just can't go wrong with purple and adding the lotus makes it even better. Welcome back to blogland. I've missed you.

Darlene said...

What more can I say ... GORGEOUS!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails