Thursday, September 30, 2010

Guest Designer for Melanie


Tonight I have the honor to post a card  I created using stamps from Melanie Muenchinger's new set "Buds and Vases" available from GinaK Designs.  I always love to guest design for Melanie. 

The terra cotta pot was stamped on light brown card stock and colored lightly with colored pencils and OMS.  Many of the open flowers, partially open flowers, buds and leaves were stamped and colored with Copic markers then cut out.  These are all single stamps in this set.  Also  some stems were stamped.  A slit was cut along the inside edge of the pot and stems inserted.  I started arranging flowers on each stem then added leaves to fill it in.  Tiny bronze beads were glued to the center of each open flower.

 The white square under the flowers was created using a Martha Stewart border punch.  Another piece of white card stock was  embossed with the Cuttlebug dotted Swiss embossing folder and placed in the center of this frame.  The rust piece was scored with the ScorBuddy along the edges.  These were layered onto white then to a mustard card.    The vase and flowers were attached and a small piece of grass created with a Martha Stewart grass punch added.  The tag was created with a sentiment from this stamp set.

I know lots of you do not like to cut images out, but I love to do this so had a lot of fun creating this beautiful pot of flowers.  I have several other cards made using this set that I will be posting next week.   You can see this set at GinaK Designs under "New Releases". 


3 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

I can't think of anyone more suited to showcase Melanie's new sets Selma! Your card is stunning!

craftieodmae said...

Melanie is lucky to have you, this is beautiful!!!

Melanie said...

this is one of my favorites from the party, Selma! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails