Saturday, September 18, 2010

Happy Fall



Today's card was designed with another stamp set from the Heartfelt Creations Autumn collection called "All Seasons Tree PreCut Set".  Isn't it a gorgeous tree!

I was playing around with my Twinkling H20's again today.  I painted the H20 onto the rubber stamp and stamped it onto ivory card stock.  Using a variety of colors, I blended the different colors onto the tree to make it look like it was changing to fall colors. 

The top layer was created by stamping the smallest oak leaf, from the Heartfelt Creations "Open Falling Leaves" stamp set, with H20 "pumpkin spice".  I stamped it three times before adding more color.   You just need to spritz the stamp lightly between stampings.  The Twinkling H20's really leave a pretty shine, which doesn't show up in my photo.  A circle was cut in this layer with a Nestie.  To frame the opening I used a slightly smaller  Nestie and cut a circle out in the brown card stock and layered these with dimensionals over the image.  The verse is from the "All Seasons Tree" stamp set.  It was gold embossed then cut out with a Spellbinder Fancy Tag.  Gold brads were added to the tag and corners to complete the card.

The stamps and Nestabilities can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.

Have a great weekend.

13 comments:

CraftinGranny said...

Yes Selma, it is absolutely gorgeous. Love the fall colors and H2Os. "Hugs" Carol

HappyCrafter said...

Lovely autumn card--that tree is a beauty, and I like how you used the different colours in it.

craftieodmae said...

Your card is beautiful! I hate that with fall comes winter and ice, snow, cold, but will have to admit, I love the fall colors........

Betty said...

Great idea to on how to use the large tag for a small greeting. And using Twinks, I keep forgetting about those since I got Copics.

Anonymous said...

Hi Selma,
I absolutely love your blog. I always look forward to it arriving to see what beautiful creation you are sharing. I have been making the wonderful little roses and am so proud of my effort, I look like a professional!!!!!!

Again, you are an inspiration and you make start of the day enjoyable....thanks for sharing you lovely art work.....regards, Jean

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

It's a beautiful tree!!! Very pretty card. I see signs of some trees looking like that around here already.

Colleen said...

Selma,
That tree is very pretty.

Anonymous said...

Selma,
Your card is beautiful.Love
how you blended the colors.
Also, Congrats. on being on
the Design team of Heartfelt
Creations. I love their stamps.
Look forwards to checking your
blog every day. Thanks for sharing
your beautiful work.
Gladys R.

Winnie and Patty said...

Selma--this autumn card is lovely. I love all the fall colors you were able to get on the tree without making it look muddy!!! Great job. TFS

Winnie and Patty said...

Selma--this autumn card is lovely. I love all the fall colors you were able to get on the tree without making it look muddy!!! Great job. TFS

Clare Curcio said...

Hi, Selma! I love the coloring you did on your card! Very nice!

Donna said...

Gorgeous card! Love the colors. I'm hoping our fall is that pretty but we are do dry so I doubt we get much color this year. Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails