Saturday, September 11, 2010

Plant A Little Sunshine Today


I have been noticing lots of sunflowers in people's yards so it inspired me to make a card using my Spellbinder's Sunflower die.  To form the flower, I layered three of the larger flowers and one of the smaller ones.  The center portion of the petals were colored with Copic markers.  For the very center I cut out two of the center pieces using dark brown card stock.  I then took a small piece of a cotton ball and put it between the two pieces and glued them together.  I wanted the center to be kind of "puffy".  Black Flower Soft was then glued on this piece.  Two leaves from this set were cut out and sponged. 

The verse is from the JustRite "Seeds of Kindness" stamp set.  It was cut out with a Nestability and each scallop pierced.  It was attached with dimensionals.  The brown border along the bottom was cut with a border die from Heartfelt Creations.  A brown bow was added and well as some yellow pearls to complete the card. 

All the products used to make this card can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.

I received the Heartfelt Creations "Open Falling Leaves" stamp set and will be working on a tutorial for you later.

I really appreciate you stopping by.  Have a great weekend.

4 comments:

Barb said...

I've just recently discovered your blog and it has become my favorite place to visit. I just love all of your creations. Thanks so much for sharing your amazing talents!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

What a cute sunflower! Very cool!

HappyCrafter said...

Very pretty! The black flower soft in the centre of the flower is a wonderful touch :-)

Nina said...

OH wow, Now I have to find that sunflower die! LOVE this!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails