Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Potted Plants


On Susan's Garden Club FaceBook page, she recently did a video on how to create the Mother-in-laws Tongue plant using dies from her Garden Notes Day Lily die set.  I loved how realistic these looked so had to give it a try today.  

I went one step further than Susan and used her Garden Notes Day Lily die set for for some of the leaves, and for an additional shape, I used the leaves from the Garden Notes Cymbidium Orchid die set.  I followed her instructions for coloring and shaping.  The leaves of this plant are thick and shiny so I added Nuvo Crystal Glaze on all the leaves to make them look realistic.

This is a 6 3/4 x 5 1/2 inch card created with ivory card stock.  A piece of light brown card stock was cut slightly smaller than the card front.   The largest Garden Notes Frame It - Rectangle  die centered in the middle, then run through the die cutting machine to create a frame.    A piece of cream colored card stock was cut the same size as the frame (to be attached to the back of the die cut frame).  The edges were sponged with tan and brown inks.  The  GinaK Designs Tiny Textures stamp was used to stamp the textured design twice on the top of this piece --  (only one of the stamped designs shows on my card because I ended up covering the one on the left with the flowers.).  Double Sided dimensional tape was attached to the back of the frame. The covering on the dimensional tape was removed from the back of the frame and was centered on top of the ivory card stock.  This piece was then glued to the front of the card.  

The Garden Notes Chrysanthemum die set was used to create three different colored flowers.  The flowers, leaves and stems were shaped with Susan's Flower Tool Kit and assembled using Kid Choice Glue.

 The Garden Notes Potted die set was used to die cut two pots out of white card stock.  Distress Rusty Hinge, Gathered Twigs, and Walnut Stain inks were sponged onto the pots.  

The Garden Notes Leafy Berry Branch was die cut and colored with green ink.  Nuvo Autumn Red Crystal Drops were used to create the berries.This branch was cut apart to arrange around the flowers.

The flower pots were attached to the bottom of the card, inside the frame.  There is double sided dimensional tape in the center of the back of each pot and glue around the sides and bottom.  This will give the pots dimension.  The chrysanthemums were arranged on the stems inside the pot.  Extra leaves were glued around the top of the pot.  The Leafy Berry Branch was cut apart and arranged around the flowers. 

In the second pot, the Mother-in-law Tongue was arrange in the pot.  There were some gaps inside the top of the pot around the leaves, so a tiny bit of Spanish moss was glued in those areas.  

Susan's Woodland Leaves die set was used to die cut fall leaves.  They were die cut using white card stock and fall colors sponged on them.  They were arranged at the base of the flower pots.

You can go to Susan's Garden Club FaceBook page and find instructions on how to assemble her flowers plus a lot of other helpful information on creating realistic flower arrangements.




LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails