Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Pear


This card was designed using a few more new products from Joan's Gardens.  The pear was die cut using the new Memory Box ""Classic Pear" die.  For some reason it looks more orange in the photo than it really is.  I used some Distress Inks to add some shading but the pear was die cut using light yellow card stock.  I have seen many artistic pears and Memory Box also has the pretty "Embellished Pear" die that you can glue over the Classic Pear die cut to make it artistic.  I used a piece of yellow and orange design paper for this die cut.  The stem and leaf are two separate dies that come with the pear; they were die cut in green and sponged with a darker green, then glued to the pear.

For the background I used a scrap piece of design paper.  Over it I used one of the new Spellbinders "Romantic Rectangles" dies; it was sponged with Distress "Tea Dye" ink.  After die cutting the Romantic Rectangle, I stenciled on some wording for the background.  I will tell you more about that later.  Along the side, I used the pretty Memory Box "Riviera Corner".  I had to cut it into two pieces to fit just the way I wanted it to.  I had a few ivory vellum flowers that I attached over the Riviera Corner.  A few black Dew Drop pieces were added to the corners.

I want to let you know that I won't be posting every day, like I usually try to do, for the next couple of weeks. My husband and I are in San Diego right now and then will be going over to Phoenix.  We are visiting both our sons.   I do have the Joan's Gardens Weekly Challenges and the new Cheery Lynn "Build A Flower" posts scheduled to post while I am away. The Build A Flower #2 dies will be released on August 15.  I'm very excited for you to see all the beautiful flowers you can create with this new set of dies. 

The products used on today's card can be purchased from Joan's Gardens:
Memory Box "Classic Pear" (98392)
Memory Box "Embellished Pear" (98393)
Memory Box "Riviera Corner"  (98372)
Spellbinders "Rmantic Rectangles" (S5-090)

4 comments:

April said...

Very lovely! I love how you used the tree die on the pear. great job!

Sheila - Ginger said...

Great card Selma....I just love how you sue the dies.

Love Sheila xx

Scrapodelie said...

очень красиво!

Anonymous said...

Thank you -- the pear card is quite unique! I like it very much. Laurie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails