Saturday, August 25, 2012

Cheery Lynn Sentiments


Have you seen the new Cheery Lynn die cut sentiments now available from Joan's Gardens?  There are four new sentiments in the last release.  They are nice and large and look beautiful on the outside or inside of your card.  Today I used the Happy Birthday sentiment and wanted to let you know that the "package" in the upper right corner is actually attached to the bottom of the Happy Birthday.  I just trimmed it off so I could place it above the sentiment because I wanted to add the flower below the sentiment.  The pretty bow corner is one of the new Memory Box dies.  


To create the flower, I used the Cheery Lynn Build A Flower #2. There are many different types of Begonias and this is one I like.  I created four separate rows of petals -- two rows using the large 5-point base and two rows using the small 5-point base. Each petal was shaped over the white Flower Tool by lightly misting them with water then pinching the petals between my fingers to cause "wrinkles" in them. Most all the petals are shaped so they turn down. The center of the flower was created using the smallest flower petals and rolling them around the self-closing tweezers.
  

This is a close up of my flower.  Remember, there is never a right or wrong when you make your flowers -- that is what is so fun about creating your own flowers using dies and card stock.  You don't even have to shape your flowers, but I always love to see if I can make them look realistic.  I hope this flower gives you another idea on how to use your Build A Flower #2 dies. 

I checked in with Joan and everyone at the workshop again today.  It looked like they were all having a lot of fun!  Everyone yesterday said they loved all the projects.  

All these products can be purchased from Joan's Gardens:
Cheery Lynn Build A Flower #2
Cheery Lynn Build A Flower #2 Embellishments (not used on this card)
Cheery Lynn "Happy Birthday" Sentiment (B211)
Memory Box "Corner Bow" (98371)
Flower Tool Kit

6 comments:

Sheila - Ginger said...

Fabulous card Selma and another stunning flower. A great sentiment die too. Glad everyone is having fun and enjoying the projects over at Joan's.

Love Sheila xx

craftieodmae said...

you knocked this one out of the park! Absolutley gorgoeus!

Anonymous said...

Keep these great ideas coming. I just love what you are doing and as soon as I can afford to purchase the Build A Flower dies I will................ I am printing all your instructions and products that I will need.

I just bought a new Bernina 830 embroidery machine and that set me back plenty. So you can see I have expensive and FUN hobbies! Thank goodness my husband still works so I can spend all my own money. lol

Alice said...

This is beautiful, as usual. Please let us know what adhesive you used for that delicate sentiment! I have had variable luck using the ones I "dot" on; maybe you're using a better one.

Leanne ... said...

I love all your new flowers Selma. So pretty! I would love one of each Build A Flower die cuts. I'm still in love with that purple Pansey you did. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your gracious message today.
Hugs...Leanne

Gladys R. said...

Gorgeous flower. I love how
you wrinkled the petals, making
the flower so realistic.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails