Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Joan's Weekly Challenge



It is time for a new challenge over at Joan's Gardens.  This week we want you to design a "Thank You" card.  Please go over to Joan's Gardens to see all the challenge rules. 

For my thank you card I have used a lot of new products from Joan's Gardens.  The design paper is from a paper pack from Memory Box called "Viola".  I love all the papers in this pack because it is a 6x6 paper collection with 3 sheets of each of 10 patterns including "juicy purples, royal violets and fields of periwinkle".  I can never have enough purple paper!   

To create the large flower on this card I used the Marianne Design (LR0128) flowers. There are 6 layers to this flower; 3 small and 3 large.  I used the white tool in the "Flower Tool Kit' to roll each the petals up tightly and then pressed down in the center of each flower to "cup" it up even tighter.  It was then sprayed with "Perfect Pearls Blue Patina" to give it a hint of blue.  

The musical score is by Poppy Stamps and the bird cage is from Memory Box; these are new dies available from Joan's Gardens. The birds are from Impression Obsession.  Joan has both the stamps and the matching dies.  I love the chickadee bird stamps in this set but since I wanted a blue bird I chose to just die cut the birds and sponge on color. 


Aren't these cut chickadee bird stamps!  If you like birds, I'm sure you will want to add these stamps to your collection, along with the matching dies.


I added a lot of "frill" behind my flower.  I used the new Memory Box "Calypso Flourish" and Poppy Stamps "Curly Wreath" under the flower to give it a dainty look.  There is a Marianne Design "Forest Branch", Cheery Lynn "Olive Branches", and My Favorite Things "Royal Leaves" behind the flower.  Tiny Cheery Lynn "Darling Daisies" were added and a Kaiser Craft rhinestone added in the center of each.  On the bird cage I added the Marianne Design Ivy. The "Thanks" is Memory Box "Script Thanks".  

I hope you will join us in our challenge this week.  I'm in California now visiting one of my sons and family, then next week we will be going over to Phoenix to visit our other son.  While I am in Phoenix, I will be getting to meet Mike from Cheery Lynn.  It has been a pleasure working with him on the "Build A Flower Series" and I'm looking forward to actually meeting him.  

All the products I used on this card can be purchased from Joan's Gardens:
Marianne Design flowers (LR0128)
Marianne Design "Forest Branch" (LR0150)
Marianne Design "Ivy" (LR0206)
Cheery Lynn "Darling Daisies" (A196)
Cheery Lynn "Olive Branches" (B147)
Poppy Stamps "Bird Cage" (801)
Poppy Stamps "Curly Wreath" 842)
Memory Box Virtuso Music (98356)
Memory Box "Script Thanks"(98240)
Memory Box "Calypso Flourish" (98343)
Impression Obsession "birds" (DIE 003-A)
Impression Obsession "10 Clingables stamps" No Place Like Home (3114-XL)
My Favorite Things "Royal Leaves"
Perfect Pearls "Blue Patina"
Flower Tool Kit
Kaiser Craft Rhinestones

6 comments:

Sheila - Ginger said...

Beautiful card Selma and such stunning purple background paper. Love the flower too.

Love Sheila xx

A Consuming Passion said...

Beautiful Selma......so many dies!

Glenda said...

You just make my head spin with all the dies you are using! Just a beautiful card!

Darlene said...

This card is just beautiful Selma! Thanks for always creating such wonderful inspiration for all of us! Purple & Green is a favorite color combo for me so this is going to be extra fun today! Thanks again and stay well!

Anonymous said...

I like it, I like it.

Colleen

Anonymous said...


Top!!!!!
groetjes Anja

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails