Sunday, January 3, 2010

Painted Pony



Seems like I have been gone for so long.  We are back from celebrating our holidays and it is time for the first challenge of the year for TMITA.  Patty gave us a color challenge this week to use with Nina's cute Painted Pony digi image.  This is a free image at the There's Magic in the Air with Paper Cupcakes blog this week.   Hope you will go over and check out all the other designer's blogs then download this cute image and join in on the challenge.  We have two new Design Team Members joining us this month:  Sue Walsh and Patti Gilliam.  The Guest Designer this month is Lisa Foster.

 Painted Pony Color Challenge:


Have you ever had an idea on how you wanted to make a card and it turned out completly different?  Well, that is what happened to me with this one.  Since this was a color challenge I was trying to make this pony very colorful using the color challenge inks but was never satisfied with my painting.  I decided to change gears and just color him with the Dusty Durango ink and highlight certain areas with Suede.  He is not all that colorful, but he is cute.  I used reinkers and a water brush to paint the pony.

I found this cute dp in my stash that was close to dusty durango and crushed curry so decided to use it and mount it on a piece of suede cs.  I still needed to use  always artichoke so cut a long strip of always artichoke cs and used scissors to cut blades of grass for the pony to stand in.   I love the swirls in the dp and thought it would be cute to have the pony playing with some butterflies.  Silly huh, but looks like the pony is having lots of fun!  Since I had butterflies, I had to add some punched flowers.  The butterflies and flowers are punched out of crushed curry cs.

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope you will go over and download this cute free image and join in on the challenge.

13 comments:

Natalie said...

Very cute card!! Love how you used the colors, just beautiful. Have a blessed week!

Kim Mc said...

Oh so CUTE, Selma! He does look like he's having fun with the butterflies! Just darling. Thanks for another great inspiration creation and hope you have a magical week!

Aloha, Kim

Betty Benton said...

Selma, this is just too precious! He is having such fun that I would like to join him!!

A Consuming Passion said...

Such a fun card Selma - love the grass punched flowers and buterflies!

craftieodmae said...

You did an awesome job! Love the butterflies around him.

Nilla said...

Love your earth tone and details, gorgeous card, Selma! Hugs Nilla

Lisa Foster said...

Hi Selma!

I LOVE, Love, Loooove your card!!! Wow it's so pretty! What sweet little butterflies....everything about it is just perfect!
Hugs,
Lisa

The Other Patti Sue said...

Oh Selma.... he's cute the way you did him! It took me several times coloring before I was only slightly satisfied! This was hard for me! I guess that's why we call it a challenge! I love your card! The butterflies are just adorable flitting around him!

Payne Holler Cards said...

he is adorable! so cute playing in grass with butterflies..

Danielle said...

Gorgeous Selma! I love the whimsical and playful feel to your card - the swirls and butterflies are fabulous! A really great job on the challenge!
Hugs, Danielle

Winnie and Patty said...

Cute card Selma. Love the DSP too!

Anonymous said...

Oh what a FUN card!! I love the softness of the colors, and the beautiful scene you created around the pony. Those butterflies are just the perfect topper!!

Nina said...

Selma, I love your take on this image, plus it was wonderful to see it being used in a complete different way as well! I love the swirls in your paper and all the butterflies and flowers, he looks like he is having fun chasing them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails