Monday, January 11, 2010

Miss Kitty Pop-Up Card




It's time again for another Paper Cupcakes challenge.  This cute Nina May "Miss Kitty" image is FREE this week on the TMITA/PCC blog challenge.  I have been very anxious to post this card.  I love the way it turned out.  I have to admit I was having a problem deciding what type of card to make with this cute image.  It just looks like she is wanting to wish you a big "Happy Valentine's Day" so had to give her lots of dimension.  I decided to make this "Free Standing Pop-Up Card which fits into an A-2 size envelope.  It is a very easy style card to make.  The base of the card is made with a piece of red cs that measures 4.25 x 11 inches.  It was embossed with the Cuttlebug Swirls embossing folder.  The tag measures 2.75 x 5.25 inches.  I gave the card a little extra dimension by adding pop-up hearts on the base. 

The digital image was printed then colored with Copic markers.  The white dots were added with an Inkssential's White Opaque Pen.  Some small punched flowers were added to the waist of her skirt.  The background was embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder then cut out with a Nestie.  It was matted onto a piece of red cs.  A red scalloped heart was cut out with Nesties then embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder.  Miss Kitty was attached with dimensionals.  When making this type of card you want the tag to stay up so I added a border under her feet that was attached with dimensional tape.  This created a little "ledge" so it would catch and keep the card open. 

The challenge this week was to use strips someplace on the card.  I decided to add my strips to the front panel of the card then attach the verse, which is from Gina K Designs.  A ribbon (from GKD) was added to the top of the base then additional ribbon added on the top.

Below you can see a side view  and also how the card looks when closed ready to put in an envelope.


















                                                             


Have you ever made this type of card? They are so fun it is hard to stop making them.   I will be posting another very different one later this week.

I hope you will join us in the TMITA/PCC challenge using this cute  "Miss Kitty" digital image. Remember she will only be free this week.   Nina's Paper Cupcakes store is now open and you will find lots of other very cute digital images to work with.

Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog.  Have a great week creating.

16 comments:

Kerrie said...

No, I've never made a card like that, have trouble sticking to the basic ones (LOL)... your card is just adorable....

Lisa Foster said...

WOW Selma!
This is an absolutely gorgeous creation! I love all of the different details and textures you've incorporated! VERY PRETTY!!!
Hugs,
Lisa

craftieodmae said...

Over the moon! Absolutely Gorgeous. I've never made one like this. I love every thing about it. You rock!!

Joan Fricker said...

Selma, this is gorgeous. Everything about it is beautiful.
It looks hard, but you make it sound easy. (chuckle)

Joan

The Other Patti Sue said...

Wow Selma! You've really out done yourself now! Super,super cute! I wanna make one! Are you doing a tutorial? Every element about this card is absolutely purr-fect!

Carol said...

This is so cute! I love it! What a great idea!

Danielle said...

Wow Selma, you did a fantastic job with this weeks challenge! I love these pop-up cards and yours is just fantastic! Great colours and I love all the embossing and textures you've managed to include! Awesome work!
Hugs, Danielle

Winnie and Patty said...

Selma, this is such a neat card! First, I love the kitty. Second, I've never seen a card like this. It's a great card. Also, please check out my blog because I'm offering blog candy this week! TFS your wonderful talent.

Nilla said...

Wow, looks fantastic and difficult!? Miss Kitty looks so pretty! Love it! Hugs Nilla

A Consuming Passion said...

Hi Selma! Just love your novelty card and the red and white colour scheme fits perfectly!

Lori said...

Wow! Great job on this, I received one of these card but have not made one. Yours has so much detail, love the polka dots!

Kim Mc said...

OMG how cute is this?!?! I LOVE all the texture on yours and the pop up card is fantastic (great minds think alike, wait to you see what I did for next week's but I actually had it done before I saw yours!)!! The ribbons at the top are beautiful and I love the hearts on the base! :)

Aloha, Kim

Jose said...

A beautiful card, and thank you for the tips about adding extra card at her feet to make the card stand up, I have made one in the past but yours is an inspiration as are most of your cards.

Payne Holler Cards said...

never made one!!! but will be now LOL..tooooooo cute!!!

Nina said...

Selma, I love everything about this card, is it soooo cute and beautiful and oh so wonderful!! you certainly rocked miss kitty!!

Toni said...

Never have made a pop up card, but am so new to this hobby, have not done a lot of things. How in the world can one put so many ideas into one card. I want to use so many idea. Love what you do and what you did with Miss Kitty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails