Sunday, January 31, 2010

I Heart You Valentine Gift Tag with Stitching






This week the challenge on  the "TMITA/PCC blog is hosted by Sue Walsh.  She has asked us to use this cute digital bear image by Nina May to make a Valentine gift tag with some stitching somewhere on it.  I have made lots of valentines with red and white so decided to use pink and white for this one.  The cute bear was printed off and then colored with Copic markers.  He wants to say he "loves you" to someone special so love was printed in the center and a small rhinestone flower added. I cut out a white tag and then cut another pink one just a little larger for the layered look.  A piece of dp was cut then stitched to the tag.  I created a flower with two pieces of silk flowers and a punched center using pink cs and  a SU punch.  Small "button" brads were added to the corners and the center of the flower.  Leaves created with  a MS punch were added around the flower.  Two shades of pink cs were used to punch the butterfly then it was embossed with the Cuttlebug dotted Swiss embossing folder.  To complete the tag I added some dotted Swiss ribbon to the top.  This is going to be a cute little tag to put with a Valentine treat for a sweet little girl.

This free cute digital bear image and the instructions for the challenge are over on the TMITA/PCC blog here.  I hope you will join in on this challenge.  Below is a picture of the gift that will be given to the winner of the random drawing.



15 comments:

CraftinGranny said...

What a cute Valentine bear and gift bag. I love the pink for a change and all the details you put into this project. Thanks for sharing!
"Hugs" Granny

Kerrie said...

Very cute little gift tag... your stitching is so neat...

craftieodmae said...

Oh WOW Selma, this is so gorgeous!!! I love the colors and all the details you've done!

Judy Covey said...

Love your Valentine tag Selma. The recipient sure is lucky.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Well isn't he just the cutest all surrounded in pink and white! So cute!

A Consuming Passion said...

Love your tag Selma - hope your sweet little GD loves it too!

Nilla said...

Oh Selma, this is so adorable! All pink and sweet, love it! Hugs Nilla

Donna said...

Very cute tag, Selma. Love that little Valentine bear. I may have to give this one a try!

Payne Holler Cards said...

just adorable! love your sewing and using those little buttons... toooo cute!

Patti J said...

OMG Selma, I just LOVE this tag! The pink is so pretty and soft! I love all of the tiny buttons, and many loving details you put into this! Great job, and tons of hugs!

Danielle said...

Beautiful work Selma! I love the pretty pinks and that flower embellishment is gorgeous! Great job with this weeks image!
Hugs, Danielle

Steph said...

What a gorgeous project. I especially love your stitching and that ribbon x

Jennie said...

Now THAT is a tag! Great job on this :o)

Winnie and Patty said...

Selma, this is the cutest tag. Pink is my favorite colors, and teddy bears are right behind bunnies in my book, so this is right up my ally! It really made me smile when I saw it! TFS!

Toni said...

Can't pick out just one thing that I like, because ALL of it is just beautiful! A great job! Toni

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails