Thursday, January 28, 2010

Blast From the Past Challenge - Bleaching






It has been fun seeing all your cards for my challenges on StampTV.  This week my Blast From the Past Challenge is to use Bleach for your stamped image.  For directions on how to do this you need to watch Gina K's video "Bleach as an Ink Pad".   All the information about my challenge can be found here. 

My sample card above was made using two Gina K stamp sets.  The seahorse is from the "Eclectic Summer" stamp kit and the greeting is from Nina Brackett's "Bug Me Anytime"  set.

The seahorse was bleached on brilliant blue card stock.  The bleach changed the color to green.  Pretty cool huh!    The design was layered with green cs and another piece of brilliant blue that was punched with a Martha Stewart border punch.  Two lines were scored using my ScorPal.  Small pieces of green and blue grosgrain ribbon were tied onto a paper clip for the top corner embellishment.  Brilliant blue grosgrain ribbon was tied through a buckle on the bottom.  The verse was stamped and cut out with a circle Nestie and sponged before taking it out of the die.

Have you ever used bleach for stamping?   It is so fun to find out what color will appear when stamping with bleach.  I hope you will go over to StampTV and join in on my challenge this week.  Remember if you submit a card, you will be eligible to win any Gina K Designs stamp set valued up to $24.95.  Check out the details under my challenge here.


8 comments:

craftieodmae said...

I love your card! This will be a challenge cause I have never master this, they always end up in the trash, so we'll see!

Carol said...

This is too cute, Selma! Love the colors you used. Bleaching always fascinates me.

Betty said...

Oh for fun. I've forgot about so many techniques since the style has become color with copics and layer the heck out of it. LOL
Maybe a back to the basics is in order. TFS

Cherie said...

Your card is awesome! Guess I'm not the only one who has forgtten some of the older techniques! TFS!

Cherie

Jennie said...

This is beautiful Selma! Love the bleaching tech. and you showcased it perfectly. Great job hosting too!

Winnie and Patty said...

This is a great card Selma! And I love the embellies too! TFS

redwasher1 said...

I love it!! What a perfect stamp to use this technique on. The DP is perfect choice!!

Mr. Mark Thomas said...

My name is Mrs Aisha Usman, am a Citizen Of Singapore. Have you been looking for a loan? Do you need an urgent personal loan or business loan?contact Dr. Mark Thomas FOIRM Ronnie Finance Ltd he help me with a loan of $85,000 some days ago after been scammed of $8,000 from a woman claiming to been a loan lender but i thank God today that i got my loan worth $85,000.Feel free to contact the company for a genuine financial service. Email: markthomasfinanceltd@gmail.com

Whats-App no +919667837169
Dr. Mark Thomas

LOAN APPLICATION DETAILS
Name:…………
Address…………
Loan Amount:……
Loan duration…
Monthly income…………
Nationality……
Country………
Occupation......
State…………
Zip/Code………
Gender…………
Age…………
Marital Status……………
Telephone………………

FORM Ronnie Finance Ltd
Dr. Mark Thomas

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails