To start with I stamped the "A Beautiful Life" frame on a piece of MS design paper. I didn't want the center of the frame to have the polka dots so I used petite oval Nesties to cut two frames for the center. The Nesties are a perfect match in size. The white frame was sponged with green ink. The verse from this set was stamped in the center. By adding the Nestie frame in the middle, I was covering up part of the beautiful tulips. I didn't have to worry because the tulips in the other sets are a perfect match. I used the tulip from the Pressed Flowers set first. Because this set is solid rubber, I first colored the tulip with a yellow marker then highlighted the bottom of the flower with an orange marker. It was then lightly sprayed with a fine water mist to "mix" the colors then stamped onto white cs. Next I used the tulip from the "A Year of Flowers" set. This is an outline stamp. I used an Apricot ink to stamp the outline over the colored flower. I love the effect you get when you do this technique. It all blends together so well. The new flowers were cut out and glued over the ones stamped on the frame.
The next step was to use a Copic marker to color the stems and leaves a darker green. The butterfly and bee are from the "A Beautiful Life" set. The butterfly was stamped on light yellow cs and lightly colored with Copic Markers. When you look at a bee, it is always very black so I used a VersaMark pad to stamp it on bright yellow cs then used extra fine black embossing powder to give it that realistic look. Both the butterfly and bee are on dimensional tape.
The frame was matted onto a piece of black cs. The background dp is from the Basic Grey "June Bug" paper pad. The rectangle rhinestones were added to complete the card.
I hope you like this card. All six of Melanie's "A Year of Flowers" coordinating sets can be purchased from Gina K Designs. Here is the link to all Melanie's stamp sets.