Saturday, August 15, 2009

Red and Brown Color Challenge

Today I decided to make a card for Lee's Color Challenge over on StampTV. The colors to use are red, brown and cream. I wanted to use the basket from the new StampTV kit "Signs of Autumn" because it has apples I could color red. I stamped the basket with Black Memento ink and colored with Copic markers. I love how you can blend with them. I used a red, orange and yellow so I could get a highlight on the apples. I cut the image out. I wanted to add some Fall foliage around it so used the leaf and wheat stamps, also in the kit. I am having so much fun using the Memento Dew Drop pads I just bought from Gina K Designs. I needed to keep my card within the color scheme so used Cantaloupe and Rhubarb Stalk inks to pat the ink directly onto the rubber then spritzed with water to blend. I love the colors on the leaves. I cut them out but they looked kind of "flat" so I decided to turn the leaves over and use a stylus to draw on veins on each leaf. Can you see it on there? I love the texture. I also inked the wheat in the same way and cut it out.

I layered red card stock onto the Vanilla card base. I ran the brown card stock through the new Herring Bone Cuttlebug embossing folder I purchased from Joan's Gardens. The frame was cut using the Spellbinders "Frameabilities Classic Frame". I had to cut this twice because I wanted the outside frame to be red and the inside to be brown. I didn't like the plain brown background, so I drew some score lines on it using the ScorPal. I added some brads from the Gina K Kit to each corner of the frame.

The verse is from Gina's Showtime Stamp Kit "Thanks a Million". I used the Memento Cantaloupe ink to lightly stamp the wheat, on Vanilla card stock, then used Versafine "Vintage Sepia" ink to stamp the verse. I cut it out using Petitie Oval Nestabilities then punched holes in each scallop.

The frame, the basket and the verse are all attached on dimensionals. The leaves and wheat where attached with adhesive tape.

For such a little card, it took a lot of steps to complete this card, but I am very pleased with it. It has a lot of texture. Now I will go add it to the StampTV challenge which closes Monday.

5 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

Beautiful card Selma - worth all the effort!!

Brenda said...

Beautiful!!!!

Joan Fricker said...

Great card Selma! Love all the little details you did to make it that way.

Joan

craftieodmae said...

this is so beautiful!

Otava said...

ooooh....I love this colour combo and the way you used makes it even more gorgeous! TFS!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails