Friday, March 1, 2019

Shasta Daisies and Lavender


I think we had new snow practically every single day last month. Snow berms are over 6 feet high along the street. Today it did not snow, but we had freezing fog.  A great way to not think about the cold weather is to create beautiful flowers.

This is a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inch card.  For the background, the Geometric Background die set was used to die cut two pieces to create a white dimensional background design.  The Garden Notes Frame It/ Stitched  Rectangles die set was used to die cut a narrow frame to go around the background.  For the pastel background, light green, light blue and pink inks were sponged onto a piece of white  card stock.  It was trimmed and attached behind the Geometric Background, then attached to the card front.

To create the white daisies, use the Garden Notes Shasta Daisy die set.  Shape the flowers with Susan's Flower Tool Kit and assemble using Kids Choice Glue.  Add yellow Prills to the center of each flower.

Use the Garden Notes Lavender die set to create the sprig of lavender.  Shape the pieces with the Flower tool Kit and use the Elizabeth Craft  Designs Tweezers to dip each piece in Kids Choice Glue and attach to the Lavender stem.  

Use the Garden Notes Ostrich Fern die set and die cut two ferns. Shape the leaves with the Flower Tool Kit.   

Assemble the daisies, lavender and fern to the left side of the background, as shown.

Add a small gingham bow under the daisies.

Next week I will begin posting cards using Susan's new Garden Notes Release.  




4 comments:

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Selma- This made me very happy to see your beautiful card today. It is stunning!

Cheryl W said...

So pretty! Love that blended pastel background.

Janie Printz said...

So very beautiful Selma. I’ve certainly missed your wonderful posts. Glad to see you are back.

SuzzieQ said...

Today's card is beautiful. I was pleasantly surprised to see your email coming in to me today. I have been missing you and your card designs. Your emails were not arriving in my box and I could not figure out why. I was worried about you. So much snow! I would go stir crazy. Take care my friend.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails