Tuesday, September 18, 2018
The theme for the design team this month is Classic Christmas. We are to create a card with things or traditions which always come to mind when we talk about Christmas such as snowflakes, ornaments, Christmas Trees, etc. You can view all the cards in this challenge on the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog at this LINK.
For today's challenge Elizabeth Craft Designs is giving away a $20 Gift Card to use on their website to 3 winners.
To enter simply leave a comment on the Elizabeth Craft Designs Facebook Giveaway Blog Post, or the Elizabeth Craft Designs Challenge post, and tell us: What Elizabeth Craft Designs die or stamp set would you select if making a Christmas card.
Three lucky winners will be selected in a random drawing.
The winners will be announced on Friday, September 21 on the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog and Facebook page.
I chose to create two cards for the challenge using Joset's new Snowflake die sets. There is a second post for this challenge.
1. This is a 6-inch square card.
2. Cut a piece of Gold or Silver Metallic card stock six inches square.
3. Use the largest snowflake die in the Snowflakes die set. Center the die in the center of the metallic card stock and die cut.
4. Use a piece of white card stock 4 1/2 inch square with a piece of Clear Double Sided Adhesive attached to one side. Remove the protective covering and sprinkle with Cool Diamond Microfine Glitter. Polish the glitter with your fingers. Attach to the back of the die cut snowflake. Attach this piece to the front of the card.
To create the frame:
5. Use Becky Sneddon's Garden Scene die set and the Fitted Frames Square die set, using largest Fitted Frame die and die cut a frame, using white card stock. Place the Fitted Frame die inside the Garden Scene frame die and run through the die cutting machine.
6. Use the frame die from the Garden Scene die set and die cut one solid piece of white card stock.
7. Use the Garden Scene piece die cut in step 6 and place the Fitted Frames 2-Lace die in the center and die cut. This will cut an opening in the larger piece. Use only the two largest frames in the Fitted Frames die cut.
8. Cut a piece of white Fun Foam 5 1/4 inches square. Use the Fitted Squares die set to die cut an opening in the center of the Fun Foam. Attach the frames to the Fun Foam using Clear Double Sided Adhesive. The foam will add dimension to the card. Attach the Frame over the Metallic die cut snowflake. In the corner of the frame, add one of the metallic ovals from the die cut snowflake.
9. Use the Classic Christmas stamp set for the sentiment. Emboss the sentiment on white card stock, cut around it and attach to the bottom of the frame.
The products used are linked below.