Friday, September 28, 2018

Cymbidium Orchid

I am posting twice a day right now because there are so many new die sets and stamp sets in the new releases at Elizabeth Craft Designs.  I am anxious to show you these new products.  Today I have used one of Susan's new Garden Notes die sets.

I have to be honest -- when I saw Susan's new Garden Notes Orchid die sets, I was afraid they would be difficult to create.  Boy, was I surprised!  They are very easy to create.

Plaisir des yeux

On my card today I used the new Garden Notes Cymbidium Orchid 1 die set.  I stopped by the florist to look at all the different colors of orchids.  I loved this burgundy colored orchid.

For the background on this card, I used a piece of the ModaScrap The Rainbow Bark card stock.

The Garden Notes Potted die set was used for the Terra cotta  flower pot.  Shades of brown inks were sponged on.  The pot was attached with dimensional foam tape placed just in the center of the pot.  This helps to bend the pot slightly for a rounded appearance.

The Garden Notes Cymbidium Orchid 1 die set was used to die cut enough pieces to create three orchids.  A lot of leaves were die cut.  A magenta marker was used to color the petals and green ink was sponged on the leaves.  The flowers were shaped using the Flower Tool Kit.  Kids Choice glue was used to assemble the flowers.

The Spring Sentiments clear stamp set was used for the sentiment.  It was stamped using black VersaFine ink.

There are so many beautiful colors of these  cymbidium orchids and I am anxious to make many more.




LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails