Tuesday, September 18, 2018
The challenge theme for the design team this month is Classic Christmas. We are to create a card with things or traditions which always come to mind when we talk about Christmas, such as snowflakes, ornaments, Christmas Trees, etc. You can view all the cards by the design team on the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog at this LINK.
For today's challenge Elizabeth Craft Designs is giving away a $20 Gift Card to use on their website to 3 winners.
To enter simply leave a comment on the Elizabeth Craft Designs Facebook Giveaway Blog Post, or the Elizabeth Craft Designs Challenge post, and tell us: What Elizabeth Craft Designs die or stamp set would you select if making a Christmas card.
Three lucky winners will be selected in a random drawing.
The winners will be announced on Friday, September 21 on the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog and Facebook page.
I chose to create two cards for the challenge using Joset's new Snowflake die sets. There is a second post for this challenge.
This card was designed using the new Snowflake Border and A Way With Words Sentiment.
1. Begin with a 6-inch square card.
2. Use a piece of white card stock cut 5 x 6 inches. Use the Snowflake Border die and die cut the border on both the top (along the 6 inch width) and bottom, with the solid portion of the die along the cut edge. Run through the die cutting machine. The inside side edge of the border will be cut around, leaving the straight edge along the outside edge.
3. Cut a piece of white card stock 6 by 1 1/2 inches. Score around the edges of this piece. Attach to the center of the 5 x 6 inch piece, between the snowflake borders.
4. Use the A Way With Words 'Let It Snow' die cut for the sentiment. Die cut it using silver metallic Shimmer Sheetz or cardstock. Glue the sentiment to the middle of card.
5. Use a piece of the Australian Opal Gemstone Shimmer Sheetz to attach behind the two die cut snowflake borders. The shimmer sheets create beautiful pastel colors behind the snowflakes when moved side to side. I did not glue the inside edge of the snow border down. Attach the snowflake border panel to the front of the card.
The products used can be purchased from the links below.