Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Be the Sunshine


Today my inspiration came from watching Susan's Garden Club Video entitled "Spring Fever".  In this video Susan created the basket with the Grapevine handle, Primrose, Berry Branch, Ivy, and Lavender.  You can watch this step-by-step video at this LINK.

I don't like to copy anyone else's work, but after watching Susan's video I wanted to create all the items in the Spring Fever video. My card is similar to Susan's.   One of the most valuable tips I learned from this video was the correct arrangement of gluing the petals of the Primrose together.  I had been assembling the petals by gluing the two petal die cut on top of the three petal die cut.  They just didn't look right.  So, I learned that the correct layering of petals is very important in order to create the most accurate looking flower.  Sometimes we may think all the little details in creating flowers is not important, but in the end - it is important!  Susan has videos showing how to create just about all of her Garden Notes Flowers in her Facebook Garden Club page.  If you are interested in creating realistic flowers, you will find Susan's video most helpful.  She always shows step-by-step instructions to make it easy for us to learn this wonderful craft.  

Since I followed Susan's video for instructions, and have linked the video above, I won't go into detail about this card.

I have linked all the products used below.




3 comments:

SuzzieQ said...

This basket and your flowers are so very pretty. You are so correct in that it's all about the tiny details. And you do tiny details so very well. Good job.

Anonymous said...

So very beautiful. Love it.

Pat McQuitty

Eva van Buuren said...

Selma, I Love ALL your Flowers creations!!
They all are soooooo wonderful and real....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails