Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Yellow Rose Pivot Card

Today I have worked with the  Elizabeth Craft Designs Butterfly Pivot Card dies to create this 6" x 6" card. The Pivot Butterfly was die cut on the upper portion of the card so I could add a pretty Susan's Garden Rose.  I used a double sided card stock; teal on the outside and on the inside it is Kraft.  This allowed the butterfly to be a different color when the card is closed and the butterfly pivots out. 

 I used the Susan's Garden Rose 1 die to create this rose and the rose buds.    The petals were die cut using light yellow card stock then shaded with Yellow Pan Pastels.  I decided to add a little glitz to the rose petals, so added  ECD Silk Microfine Glitter.  I love how it highlighted the edges of the petals.  To add the glitter, I lightly brushed  Aileen's Tack-It Over & Over to the edges of the petals and let it dry.  I then sprinkled on the Diamond Microfine Glitter and rubbed it in to give it a high shine.  

This is the inside of the Butterfly Pivot Card.  I used three different sets of Elizabeth Craft Design Peel Off Stickers on this card, which are listed below.  

The Products used from Elizabeth Craft Designs are:

327 - With Love Stickers


10 comments:

Rita said...

Oh how I love this card Selma. The butterfly is stunning, but I love that yellow rose. Hugs Rita xxx

Cheryl W said...

Gorgeous card! Lovely butterfly and your yellow rose looks so lush. I can almost smell it's heady aroma.

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Your cards always make me gasp with delight! Thanks for sharing your work.

craftieodmae said...

Love this gorgeous card!!!!

Mary Mac said...

Beautiful card Selma and very different. However the rose is indeed right up to your normal standard! You are the Queen of paper flowers - no contest.

Martie Rollin said...

That butterfly turned out beautifully...but the flower is what really caught my eyes. Beautiful!

Joset said...

Just stunning Selma! Love the yellow rose and how you combined it with the Butterfly Pivot. Looks beautiful together!

Gmalew said...

Stunning!!!

Dianna said...

Selma, do you have a tutorial on line that gives step by steps instructions on how to create the roses you make? I absolutely love them and would like to try my hand at making them.

By the way, your card is gorgeous, as usual.

Selma said...

Yes Dianna I have posted a rose tutorial at this LINK:
http://selmasstampingcorner.blogspot.com/2013/05/susan-tierney-rose-my-tutorial.html

Have fun creating your roses.

Selma

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails