Sunday, April 26, 2015

Susan's Country Scapes


 How fun it is to create a country scene using Susan Tierney-Cockburn's new CountryScapes dies.  Today I am giving you a preview of some of Susan's new dies that will be coming out the end of April, along with a few of the dies and stamp from her products now available from Elizabeth Craft Designs.  This is a 6"x6" card.  I started by creating the beautiful Hollyhocks.  I envisioned them growing by a fence and from there used a variety of Susan's dies to create this pretty scene.  The sentiment is Susan's "Sunshine and Love"  stamp.  I used the Elizabeth Craft Designs Tags and More 1 - Lace to create a small tag to fit the sentiment. I used the top of the die to cut both the top and bottom.   The corners I used are die cut from the ECD "Tags & more 7 - Vine" die set.

These are the Hollyhocks I created with the CountryScapes Mini Botanicals - Hollyhock dies.  I chose to use the flowers on the left in this picture, for this card. These pretty flowers are really easy to create and I think look so realistic.  The height of these flowers is approximately 3 3/4".  They are just perfect for any of your greeting cards. 


Starting on the left, I die cut the birdhouse twice from the CountryScapes - Wood 2 die set.   It was colored by sponging on the color.  The second birdhouse was used to make it dimensional -- I cut the "roof" off the house and shaped it using the largest stylus in Susan's Tool Set, then attached it with a rolled up glue dot.  This gave perfect dimension to the birdhouse.  

The fence was die cut from the CountryScapes - Country Fence 1 die.  It was sponged with several colors of ink, again for dimension.  The tree stump and the tall grass on the left were die cut from the "CountryScapes - Woods 2" die set; I cut down each blade to make them thinner to resemble grass.  I used the tallest grass die again for the stems for the small purple flowers.  The tiny flower die is in the CountryScapes - Backyard 2 die set; it was used for the purple flowers that were glued to the tall stems; two stems were covered with flowers and glued close to each other.  

The Rooster, Chickens, and Squirrel,  are from the CountryScapes - Country Critters 1 die set, AND did you see the cute Ladybug?  It is also from the Country Critters 1 die set.    The Wagon Wheel and the grass, on the right side of the card, were die cut from the CountryScapes - Backyard 1 die set.  Last, but not least, the little yellow butterflies were die cut from the Garden Notes - Bugs & Butterflies die set. 

Many of the dies I used for this Country Scene will be coming out soon (the end of this month) at Elizabeth Craft Designs.  I will mark them "New" in the supply list below.  I know I have used a lot of dies from different sets to create this card, but I wanted to show you the variety of dies to give you inspiration to create your Country Scenes. 

1015 - CountryScapes Mini Botanicals - Hollyhock (New)
1011 - Garden Notes - Bugs & Butterflies (New)
1010 - CountryScapes - Backyard 2 (New)
1014 - CountryScapes - Woods 2 (New)


6 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh this is so adorable!

Glenda said...

Lovely as always! I grew up with hollyhocks...my Mom loved them and so do I. I haven't seen any growing for a long time. We used to take the blooms and make little dolls out of them. You have brought on memories this morning!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Selma, This is just great and it actually reminds me of years past!

Martie Rollin said...

I am so enjoying this delightful card...love the look of layered paper piecing, both stamped images and die cut images, to create a scene or focal point. I will definitely be buying this Hollyhock flower die set! Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us.

Anonymous said...

Oh Selma, this is adorable! Good job as always!

Debi

Anonymous said...

Selma, these are gorgeous! You have
got such a talent to create.
Greetje

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails